New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Ivan Gastaldo

March 30, 2004 06:30 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Re: Moon crater

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Nice shot Eric!
I took the liberty to reduce it a bit, and to make it a grayscale image, which gets rid of the coloration... hope you'll like it.

Take care, and keep it up!

Ivan
smile

March 30, 2004 09:10 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

My BEST Jupiter to date...

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Sky conditions did not seem all that good, kind'a hazy, but since Florida Summer time is approaching, I had to go out while I could... I'm glad I did...

Jupiter was up, close to 85 degrees high, I focused first at f/10, very steady...hmmm, tried f/20, very steady... tried f/30 (which I normally don't)... steady, almost standing still...

There was no GRS transit nor shadow transit, but the detail I saw was just amazing...

This IS my best Jupiter to date... I hope you guys like it...

Clear skies, my friends!

Ivan
smile

April 1, 2004 04:13 AM Forum: Solar System Observing

Jupiter 03-30-2004 with great seeing...

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Amazingly steady skies allowed me to image Jupiter in a way I never did before...
Skies were kind of hazy, but normally here in South Florida that means atmosphere is steadier than normal...

Thanks for looking, and clear skies!

Ivan

April 1, 2004 07:24 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

My goodness! Not one Jupiter, but two!

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Sky conditions were hazy, cold, and windy...

On each shot I lost about half of the frames due to wind, just shaking the scope so bad that the planet would get out of the webcam's FOV in no time flat!...

I could tell that the seeing was nice, as there were moments of very sharp images, but the wind!!!

Anyways, here are two samples, at two different focal ratios. (I left them at their original sizes, no re-sampling done here...)

Thanks for looking, and clear skies to all!

Ivan
smile

April 15, 2004 09:02 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Jupiter & Saturn 04/15/04

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Seeing was good, but conditions were very windy, hard to keep the object on the CCD frame... (had to pick from several files to find the best ones)

Anyways, this is the "catch" for the night...
Comments are always welcome,

Clear skies to all!

Ivan
smile

July 6, 2004 01:06 PM Forum: Pictures of Me and My Telescope and........

My long overdue PIC....

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Hello my friends!

Here's a "Fresh From The Oven" pic of Me & my Blue Baby... hope you like it!

Things have been rough on my side for the last 2-3 months or so (that's why you haven't seen many of my posts lately...), as I lost my job (company closed it's doors) and I've been spending most of my time studying & doing side-jobs to make up for it...
The market is VERY SLOW right now, but I'm not giving up, I have lots of faith & my family is doing fine, and that's what really counts...

Anyways, glad to see everybody's pictures...
Clear skies to you all!

Ivan
8)

Equipment:

Meade 10" LX-200GPS with EZ-Focus, EZ-Clutch
Meade Aluminum Dew Shield
Orion ST-80 Piggybacked
William Optics SCT Crayford Focuser
Meade Superwedge with all mods applied.
Kendrick Dew Control System
Telrad
Televue 2" Diagonal
Home-brewed WheelieBars with heavy duty casters and built-in brakes.
etc, etc, etc

July 11, 2004 08:18 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Re: Copernicus 7-10-04

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

Beautiful shot Vince, great detail captured!

Keep'em coming!

Clear dark skies!

Ivan
smile

July 26, 2004 08:02 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Focus Knob - Rubber Grip Band problem...

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

I happened to find out that both my Orion Aluminum Knobs were showing the same problem. Both bands had cuts across them, which ended up breaking the bands in several pieces each...

Hard to tell what caused this, could be the weather, or not-so-good rubber quality, but they were not even close to be in the "USED" state... (used very little indeed)

Anyways, has anybody had a problem like this one? how did you fix it?
I guess I could use rubber bands, or maybe crazy glue and try to put these back on... but wanted to hear some other people's input...

Clear skies to all!

Ivan
smile

July 28, 2004 12:13 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

UPDATE ON - Focus Knob - Rubber Grip Band problem.

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

After E-mailing ORION and letting them know my problem with the broken Focus Knob Grip Bands, they are sending me a replacement set free of charge, guys... there's light at the end of the tunnel! (I had to provide info about the purchase, but was nothing extraordinary, just name/address that it was sent to...)

Thanks to all that replied to my thread, and also note that if you ever have this problem, contacting Orion as some of you suggested IS the solution...

Thanks again, and clear skies!

Ivan
smile

September 15, 2004 10:16 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

APOs, ACHROs & DSO Imaging...

Posted By Ivan Gastaldo

OK, here we go... an easy one for the Astro-Imaging gurus...

We all know that Achromats introduce false color on very bright objects, but we also know that for most part DSOs should NOT be affected by this...

As far as Imaging goes, has anybody seen a difference between imaging DSOs with an ACHRO and an APO? is it really noticeable?

Thank you for your attention,

Ivan
smile