My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Rob Wiederrich

December 17, 2009 06:12 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Constitution a mere technicality?

Posted By Rob Wiederrich

Convincing me more that Obama became a Constitutional law professor(riight) so he could fully understand how to *MANIPULATE* it. A little Jedi hand waving and the general public will believe anything he says...about the constitution. 8O

Here's a clue: *WE THE PEOPLE* actually means(In ObamaLand) *We the People in charge* :S

Scott Satko said:

Who cares about a little technicality like the Constitution? Not Obama and his power-hungry cohort in Washington! When you need to get something important done fast (e.g., push your AGW agenda), you can't let something as inconsequential as the Constitution stand in your way!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/12/16/obamas-push-copenhagen-deal-violate-constitution-critics-say/

January 8, 2010 03:12 AM Forum: Telescope Making

Finished making my 10"f/15 refractor

Posted By Rob Wiederrich

Well....short of a few minor things(Like a dew cap)..I have finished building my 10"f/15 refractor. It has been nearly a year from begining to the end. Lots of projects that needed to be done.

The first thing I built was the electric internal Crayford style focuser....and it was the last thing I made mods to tonight.

I won't have first light till Spring...cuz I'm making an elevating pier mod to the current pier. Once done the head will sit about 6ft off the ground. It is simply a mod to the current pier...and will be again retrofitted when the scope find its home in an OB.
Side view of spotters and the aft end.

Rob

April 1, 2010 05:28 PM Forum: Telescope Making

Finishing up my 10"f/15 and its pier

Posted By Rob Wiederrich

I've got some new pics of my homemade 10"f/15 refractor and it new 8ft steel pier.

This is the scope out of the shop doing some testing.

May 17, 2010 10:26 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Woody Allen wishes Obama were dictator

Posted By Rob Wiederrich

I thought Woody Allen was an idiot before this *brilliant* statement. Now I think he's brain dead as well.

I bet not one Hollywood actor person..will disagree with Allen.....IMV..they'r all nuts.

Scott Satko said:

In what could easily be considered one of the stupidest things said in the past decade (no, make that century), Woody Allen stated during a magazine interview "it would be good...if he [Obama] could be a dictator for a few years because he could do a lot of good things quickly." How quickly he seems to have forgotten that it was the capitalistic, free America that enabled him to make his fortune in the movie industry. I doubt even the most die-hard Democrat on this forum would agree with Mr. Allen. What's even more amazing to me, however, is that tripe like this is even considered newsworthy--who really cares what a movie actor/director thinks about politics??? :S

May 17, 2010 10:37 PM Forum: Politics

Is your Ipod/pad a distraction from democracy

Posted By Rob Wiederrich

O"Bummer now attacks high end communication technology businesses..and their products..claiming they are distracting the masses from a changing growing democracy. :S

I thought that idiot *USED* the high tek communication systems to help get himself elected.

Now that he's president..he wants to regulate free use of Iphones / IPads and the internet so you can't be informed about his evil plans.......

May 19, 2010 05:52 PM Forum: Politics

Arizona justice

Posted By Rob Wiederrich

Good for them...Since California is boycotting them..they now today said they will refrain from sending California power . Arizona contributes 25% of Californias power needs. 8O

Boycotts can be expensive.....especially if they're stupid.

May 19, 2010 07:51 PM Forum: Politics

Re: Michigan students asked to prove citizenship

Posted By Rob Wiederrich

I'm tellin ya....O'Bummer says one thing and then completely does another. He's as transparent as.......Wait.. 8O maybe THIS IS the transparency he spoke of?

As transparent as an Idiot..or a liar..or a thief...or a Mobster....or a liar(did I say liar?).

Scott Satko said:

Obama plans to speak at a high school graduation ceremony in Kalamazoo, MI in June. However, in order for the students to be allowed to cross the stage to receive their diplomas and get the opportunity to shake Obama's hand, they must first undergo background checks. I find it ironic that Obama and his administration think it's unconstitutional to ask suspected illegal aliens in Arizona to prove their citizenship, yet it's quite alright to ask a bunch of teenagers in Michigan to produce proof of birthdate, citizenship, SSN, etc. :S

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/obama_may_personally_greet_eac.html

May 20, 2010 12:16 AM Forum: Politics

Obama criticizes Arizona at the Mexican summit

Posted By Rob Wiederrich

This president is the biggest looser I have ever seen or even heard of.

How dare he openly criticize Arizona in front ot the Mexican president and even agree with the Mexican president in their bashing.

Mexico has no right to criticize any US state or the US govt on any illegal alien issues..where it is a fellony on Mexico with a 2 year sentence.

Good Lord.

June 3, 2010 10:13 PM Forum: Home Observatories

Building my 18x18ft ROR Observatory

Posted By Rob Wiederrich

I'm kina begining in the middle of my build..almost close to the end..but I wanted to share some of my experiences.

I needed a large enough building for my newly fabricated 10"f/15 refractor on its 8ft pier...so I picked out a spot on my Observing Center property and began digging the massive 5' deep..3.5ftx3.5ft concrete pier footer.

Then I ordered the flooring material and began the wood floor build. Next came the walls and siding and the treated lumber sopport system for the roof.

I decided I was NOT going to follow what many do and use *V* caster rollers and steel angle iron as the rail.

I used..instead...steel casters that cost only $6 v. $21. I used 7 per side and I ran them on a 1" wide steel strip(1/8") the steel rail runs the length of the OB and rail(36ft). I build a wooden rail guide covered with galvanized angle flanging for the rollers to guide against.
The roof rolls very smoothly and can be rolled with one hand.

One note: I built this Observatory nearly entirely by myself. I did employ the help of several friends(One) who helped frame the West wall and 2 who helped build the external support structure. I built the floor, framed, sided it and built the trusses by myself... 8O

I hope to be done in several weeks.
Here is a pic of it currently..I'm placing the purlins currently

Rob

July 19, 2010 07:05 PM Forum: Telescope Making

Ronchigrams from my machine made mirror

Posted By Rob Wiederrich

I'm just finishing up my 13"f/4.5, 1" mirror. All the grinding/polishing and figuring was done on machine.

A comparative ronchi test was done and here is the ronchigram inside ROC.