ATWB Customer Gallery

NGC1977 Running Man Nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Pat Gillies

September 10, 2002 09:43 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Who sells University Optics Orthoscoptics?

Posted By Pat Gillies

I just ordered a binoviewer and on Ed Ting's "Scope Reviews"
the 24mm and 18mm are recommended. Can somebody please suggest a vendor, maybe an Astromart sponsor. Thank you.
Pat G.

December 6, 2002 12:18 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Coronado HA/Canon IS bino combo

Posted By Pat Gillies

Has anyone had a peek through these yet. Sounds like a great combo. No prices or availability info on Herb's site yet. Thanks. Pat G.

February 1, 2003 07:11 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Space shuttle missing!!

Posted By Pat Gillies

Turn on CNN for breaking news.

March 7, 2003 05:39 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

MoonLite Telescope Accessories

Posted By Pat Gillies

Since this is the Equipment Talk Forum, I would like to mention what a great company MoonLite Telescope is to deal with. In Dec I ordered one of their Telrad heaters (saw it on Astromart). When it seemed it was lost in the mail, they promptly mailed out another no charge. I have used this new style heater several times now and it works great by the way. So often you hear about it when a business gives bad service, I just want to give credit where credit is due. Thanks for listening. And thanks again MoonLite. Pat Gillies

March 14, 2003 04:49 PM Forum: Binoviewers

On the lighter side...

Posted By Pat Gillies

Don't mean to offend anybody, I just couldn't resist...

June 10, 2003 12:21 PM Forum: Astro Binoculars

What size and mag bino...

Posted By Pat Gillies

What would be your choice of aperture and magnification for a tripod mounted binocular that would be used for "quick looks". It would compliment an 11" SCT/binoviewer combo and 10x50 binos already owned.

Opinions based on speculation, deep thought, and real world expierience welcome.

Thank you

Pat G.

September 22, 2003 06:16 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

SCT laser collimators

Posted By Pat Gillies

How well do these work on an SCT? The claim on the Kendrick web site is " Consequently, collimation is at least 4 to 5 times more accurate". There have been a couple up for sale on AM lately and was wondering if the claim was true.

Pat G.

December 13, 2003 10:28 AM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Asteroid Ceres

Posted By Pat Gillies

Asteroid Ceres is supposed to pass by Pollux this week. They say it is the size of Alaska and almost visible to the naked eye. A binoclar asteroid is rare I guess, anybody ever see one?

Pat G.

January 23, 2004 05:17 AM Forum: Binoviewers

Heaters for Binoviewers

Posted By Pat Gillies

Are you using any type of heater on your binoviewer? I have a 2" EP dew strap wrapped around the diagonal and it works well for me but I am curious as to what others have come up with.

Pat G.

February 21, 2004 06:10 AM Forum: Bad to the Bone Autos

One of my rides...

Posted By Pat Gillies

I rescued it thirteen years ago. It had been gutted and was destined to become a drag car. I know every nut and bolt.

Pat G.