November 22, 2009 07:17 PM Forum: Global Warming - REAL or NOT

Here Comes the Sea

Posted By Dale Conrad

Yes ti is. At least now we know where it went. smile smile
http://www.cafa.org/Nova%20Scotia%20Boats%20at%20Low%20Tide.jpg

November 24, 2009 03:40 AM Forum: Politics

Criticism of US military by Navy vet

Posted By Dale Conrad

I heard less whining from draftees in the sixties. Those of us who enlisted knew what we were in for before going in. At least these days there arn't as many folks calling the returning troops names and spitting on them. For that I am truly thankful.

November 24, 2009 07:19 AM Forum: Guns and Hunting Optics

stopping power of a .45

Posted By Dale Conrad

If you beleive in 1000000 to 1; thru an open mouth into the spinal column might do.

grin grin
Dale

November 27, 2009 05:13 AM Forum: Politics

Arizona Right Behind California

Posted By Dale Conrad

That's OK Rod the soviet of Washington is more than 2 Billion. They are only arguing about which taxes to raise. grin grin

November 30, 2009 04:29 PM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

Reducer/Flattener Question

Posted By Dale Conrad

A number of the flattener/reducers are designed with certain scopes in mind. How well a given unit will work can only be determined by giving it a try and examining the results. This is not a real good answer to the question but it is the only one I can come up with. smile smile

November 30, 2009 05:15 PM Forum: ASTRONOMY

Changes in S&T

Posted By Dale Conrad

There was a printing error.
The missing pages are here.
http://www.skyandtelescope.com/skytel/beyondthepage/70278327.html

December 10, 2009 01:01 AM Forum: Politics

Re: Seems you can't remove ANYONE from office thes

Posted By Dale Conrad

Iwill have to agree he should have been kicked out and if he used public funds for his diddling around criminal charges should be pressed Gov. or not.

December 11, 2009 05:44 PM Forum: Mounts

Misbehaving HEQ5

Posted By Dale Conrad

Peter,
I don't know a thing about your particular mount but I think you may have a glitch in the initialization routine. I would try to update the firmware with whatever version you have as there could be something corrupted in the flash. Other than that you could have a problem in tha hand controller. I wish you the best of luck; having worked in the electronics industry for years these types of problems will cause you to go bald way before you get grey. grin grin
Dale

December 23, 2009 09:21 PM Forum: Refractors

Holographic Corrector for CA?

Posted By Dale Conrad

Jim,
If you look real close I think you will find that the paper thin magnifier is really a pressed fresnel lens.
Dale

January 6, 2010 01:23 AM Forum: Guns and Hunting Optics

Wally world laser

Posted By Dale Conrad

The sights do not a shooter make. Used to do a lot of competive shooting in the 70's 80's and into the 90's. Used both iron and scopes, lasers wern't in vogue then, scores were actaully better with the iron since the target didn't seem to bounce around so much. Had a problem with wanting to jerk the trigger when I saw the x ring in the cross hairs. I suppose a laser would have the same effect.

Dale