My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: James Lynch

November 10, 2009 02:10 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Panoptic 41 vs. Pentax XW 40

Posted By James Lynch

Has anyone ever had the expensive pleasure of comparing the 41mm Televue Panoptic with a 40mm Pentax XW? I own the Panoptic and also a 14mm XW which I understand has a 98% light transmission rate and has visibly brighter images over the 14mm XL. So I wonder, does the 40mm XW have brighter images, or any better contrast, or is the 70 deg. field any different than the Panoptic?

February 4, 2011 01:06 PM Forum: Celestron

C14 primary mirror

Posted By James Lynch

I have a 3yr old c14 and the primary mirror is not aimed with the central baffle tube. Celestron wants a lot of money to correct there assembly mistake since it's out of warranty. Has anybody ever run into this? Has anybody ever removed the primary mirror from the base? Help! Jim

February 4, 2011 01:13 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

C14 primary mirror

Posted By James Lynch

Help! I have a c14 and the primary mirror is not aimed with the baffle tube. Has anyone had this problem? Has anyone ever removed the primary mirror from the base to shim it? Celestron wants a lot of money to fix their assembly mistake since it's out of warranty. Jim

June 24, 2018 12:16 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Classified ads

Posted By James Lynch

Well I've been trying to run a new ad on the the new and improved AM for about an hour if somebody can show me where to do this I might renew my 15 year membership again but otherwise I DONT LIKE THE NEW SITE! And I'm done!

June 24, 2018 10:06 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Classified ads

Posted By James Lynch

Thank you, that's helpful except the arrows won't do anything on my pad, I will try another approach. Jim

July 5, 2018 02:40 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Mirror identification

Posted By James Lynch

Help! I bought a Cassegrain mirror set mounted in a Cave  Astrola mirror cell and secondary spider. They are not Cave mirrors I think, the only ID on them is the number C12-2. This is a 12.5" f16 Cassegrain or Dall Kirkham but I can't identify the mirrors any further. Any help appreciated. Jim

July 5, 2018 02:03 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Mirror identification

Posted By James Lynch

I think you are right! I was told once they may be made by coulter. That helps. Thanks!

July 5, 2018 02:08 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Mirror identification

Posted By James Lynch

Thanks Tom, I will try your test right away!