Posts Made By: Russ Carroll

November 6, 2020 11:08 AM Forum: Politics

The Senate

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by James Lacey

Another result of Trump and his enablers and surrogates profoundly politicizing mail-in voting is that he has to endure this slow, agonizing defeat and watch his early red-mirage of a lead fade away as that same mail-in voting is now counted. And friends, there is a lot of karma in that.

What kind of a sick bastard makes his voters go out to vote during a pandemic, bash mail-in voting (the only sane thing to DO in a pandemic), prevent early counting of ballots by GOP legislatures, and then declare the counting of said ballots illegal? When do we get to the part where he secretly marries Stormy Daniels and kills himself?

November 6, 2020 11:16 AM Forum: Politics

November 6, 2020 01:19 PM Forum: Politics

The Senate

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

Well, here's one sick bastard who'll be funding him even though he was on Fox begging for money a week or two ago...
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/524750-graham-to-donate-500k-to-trumps-legal-defense-fund

I only wish John McCain knew what a DICK Lindsey Graham is when he was alive.

November 7, 2020 12:10 AM Forum: Politics

Since Pennsylvania...

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by James Brown

It is time for Trump to concede.  

Trump would rather flood the subways rather than concede defeat. After all, it was the Germa...I mean American people that failed him, not the other way around.

November 7, 2020 12:24 AM Forum: Politics

Since Pennsylvania...

Posted By Russ Carroll

What I think, which I know Richard is dying to hear, is that GOP leadership needs to be huddled and planning either how to convince Trump to concede, or take matters into their own hands. 

November 7, 2020 07:26 AM Forum: Politics

Since Pennsylvania...

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

Michigan looks like there are real problems.
Wrong. More unsubstantiated bullshit from Trump.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2020/11/06/why-some-michigan-election-conspiracy-theories-dont-add-up/6186067002/?fbclid=IwAR0EsQaF_5-XtcPvd-Wtxzxl8U4X_bi04stGT_i1eI16XYBf1dRDV0w-OP0

November 7, 2020 10:58 AM Forum: Politics

Since Pennsylvania...

Posted By Russ Carroll

Trump should concede (in my opinion) for the good of the GOP. 

For the good of the GOP?? For the good of our country!!
Instead, he is destroying all confidence in our system and spinning up his fanatics to the point of violence. 
Honestly, Jim, I actually wonder about you in terms of how little damage you think Trump is doing and is capable of. 

November 7, 2020 02:45 PM Forum: Politics

Since Pennsylvania...

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

"and spinning up his fanatics to the point of violence".

If you could possibly explain this assertion and provide some evidence for your "to the point of violence" statement, you are saying has occurred by the right.  
Evidence? Hell, I know more than one person that is willing to literally kill if Trump is not elected.

https://www.newsweek.com/proud-boys-trump-civil-war-qanon-1538208?fbclid=IwAR1cy-yfHADnJ4XyehTRAQoJWXvJ3gsVYIhSIV_hSgXs8LJuLHafP2wUUgY

https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2020/11/05/steve-bannon-condemned-banned-from-twitter-after-suggesting-violence-as-a-warning-to-federal-bureaucrats/amp/?fbclid=IwAR0FHe2HjGTDQZTrF1hdhrbE2UwtcV69CfI8LN1OMcOck6AAwZjMTd9JMuo

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/520319-militia-group-plan-to-kidnap-whitmer-was-part-of-attempt-to-start-civil?fbclid=IwAR1hdi5BMa-Pg7IXszKIRTUl7ajj7JOjo9oYdyDnQRzVG4smLZzbBumH6Kw

https://m.startribune.com/charges-boogaloo-bois-fired-on-mpls-precinct-shouted-justice-for-floyd/572843802/?fbclid=IwAR3PPWqEBrVNemsVczUQeFue0uTYsv1MjbmuIvVY48NRFWEeQPFBWSqFwGU

Hoe about the armed morons that shut down an Arizona polling center yesterday

How about the armed militia people that occupied the Michigan State House?

How about Kyle Rittenhouse?

How about the moronic post by Con Steve King

Here are just a couple of memes directed at me personally by people I grew up with that are 1%'ers(bikers) and 3%'ers

The FBI has testified that White Supremacists and Nationalist groups are the greatest terrorist threat in the US today.

Etc., Ad infinitum, and so on.

November 9, 2020 01:25 AM Forum: Politics

Super spreader events nationwide

Posted By Russ Carroll

I do have to channel my inner Rich for a moment.  I watched the speech last night and watched the coverage before and after for a while.  The hypocrisy of the D's concerning the 'rona and Trump's gatherings was hugely apparent.  Massive crowds packed elbow to elbow.  Lots of mask-less folks.  Lots of chin diaper mask wearing.  Lots of yelling and singing. Not a peep from the network about it, at least not the network I was watching.  

You’re right but taking it too far. There is an archaic term that describes what happened: Forgetting ones self.

This was a spontaneous cathartic release of 4+ years of anger and frustration. People were overcome with joy and forgot themselves.

it reveals intense joy a lot more than hypocrisy, at least for the people celebrating. A lot more people will die as a result, and it is tragic 

November 9, 2020 01:47 AM Forum: Politics

Super spreader events nationwide

Posted By Russ Carroll

Hi Russ: 

I don't buy that.  Not at all.  I think that the revelers in NYC, DC and elsewhere think they are immortal, same as the revelers at a Trump rally or in Sturgis.  The street partiers are more than happy to shake fingers during the Trump rallies, but there was never any sincerity in their actions, just political opportunism and virtue signaling, the scourge of our times.   

Folks who actually take the pandemic seriously were not taking to the streets in my estimation.  I know two young folks in AOC's district who hate Trump with a passion.  They did not take to the streets, because they are genuinely concerned about the pandemic.

Jim
Maybe you’re right, but I’ll offer this. I am about as high a risk as it comes. I was hospitalized three times this past summer with serious heart procedures that my own cardiologist said was “very close“ for me. I am very worried about the coronavirus, and feel like I am a goner if I get it. I was prepared to go celebrate publicly with others just like the people you’re commenting on. But for the fact that I caught myself and thought “what the hell are you doing? Do you want to die?” I nearly did. I’m almost 60 years old. You can’t possibly expect people in their 20s and 30s to have the same restraint as me under these circumstances.