New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Russ Carroll

January 6, 2021 11:22 PM Forum: Politics

Georgia Senate Runoffs

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Russ Carroll

All i will say is, when driving at night up to the top of a mountain on winding roads, this is a phrase that will never come out of my mouth "Gee, let's see how close I can come to those guard rails!"

Are you picking up what I'm putting down now???

January 7, 2021 01:44 PM Forum: Politics

trump Social Media Suspended

Posted By Russ Carroll

So donald trump is too dangerous to have a Twitter account but he is safe enough to have our nuclear codes?

January 8, 2021 02:53 AM Forum: Politics

WSJ Calls for trump's head

Posted By Russ Carroll

Wall Street Journal Editorial Board calls for trump's resignation this evening:

"This was an assault on the constitutional process of transferring power after an election. It was also an assault on the legislature from an executive sworn to uphold the laws of the United States. This goes beyond merely refusing to concede defeat. In our view it crosses a constitutional line that Mr. Trump hasn’t previously crossed. It is impeachable."

"The best outcome would be for him to resign to spare the U.S. another impeachment fight."

Look, even if trump weren't the most dangerous man in the world, the price for this has to be very, very high so it NEVER happens again.

January 8, 2021 04:08 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Patrick Keafer

Impeaching him would be dumb.  It would make him a martyr.  The best course would be to keep a close eye on him and let him finish his term.  Then he can go away.  His social media accounts are suspended so his ability to stir up trouble with his followers is a little limited.

Apparently, an impeached President isn't eligible to run again, which I didn't know, so that would put a wooden stake through trumpula's heart. Removing him in disgrace is appropriate, but more than that, getting the nuclear trigger out of his hand is a moral imperative. 

January 8, 2021 04:17 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by James Brown

I didn't know that.  I would not be opposed to impeachment and removal as an act of self-preservation by the R's.  I seriously doubt that it could be completed by the 20th though.  

Jim

p.s. Russ is a careful reader and will be appalled that I am not worried about Trump having the nuke codes, since I phrased this as "self preservation by the Rs."  I am not worried about Trump launching the nukes though.  Doesn't Trump have to get a general or someone to co-execute a launch with him?  Also, I don't think he is any more of a threat to start a war than he was on day 1.  I sure will be glad to see him go.

JIm  

I'm not either for the same reason you give, but I really am using that word as a placeholder for all of the awesome and unilateral powers the President has. This actually highlights our main difference on this issue. You are certain nothing bad will happen because no General in his right mond would follow an order to launch a nuke today. The problem is, and what none of us actually know, is what devastating think WOULD a government agency do right now that they felt they had no choice but to obey the instruction? We have no idea what that even could be, and that's assuming every person holding the reigns of power in the "Deep State" are responsible and courageous people.

You won't know what it is until it has already happened potentially. Unacceptable.

January 8, 2021 05:30 PM Forum: Politics

Okay, now the Capital is under siege.

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by James Brown

Greg, cases are denied up front only when the plaintiff fails to even articulate a cause of action.  If I sue you for breach of contract but I fail or refuse to tell the court we had a contract in the first place, my case gets denied up front.  In the election cases there are only two possibilities:

1.  The plaintiffs in all of these "denied up front" cases failed to even tell the court in their complaints that they had evidence of election fraud because they had no evidence of election fraud, or

2.  The lawyers for all of these cases are hopelessly, unimaginably  incompetent.

or

3. They never intended to make this a legal exercise but a propaganda exercise for the true purpose of continuing to blind trump's supporters with the steady diet of lies that trump has spewed.

January 8, 2021 09:56 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Russ Carroll

I'm not either for the same reason you give, but I really am using that word as a placeholder for all of the awesome and unilateral powers the President has. This actually highlights our main difference on this issue. You are certain nothing bad will happen because no General in his right mond would follow an order to launch a nuke today. The problem is, and what none of us actually know, is what devastating think WOULD a government agency do right now that they felt they had no choice but to obey the instruction? We have no idea what that even could be, and that's assuming every person holding the reigns of power in the "Deep State" are responsible and courageous people.

You won't know what it is until it has already happened potentially. Unacceptable.

Jim,

The reverse of what I'm talking about exists as well. Nancy Pelosi has assurances from the Joint Chiefs that they will not do something stupid. Mike Pence is reported to have had to give the ok for national guard troops to enter the capitol with a deer-in-the-headlight trump not grasping the enormity of the party he was throwing.

What happens if an adversary takes advantage of this situation and takes an act that requires a decisive response, either militarily or diplomatically? Boxing a neutered President trump in is not the right answer. W had Cheney take over as President for TWO HOURS while he was under anesthesia so we would not be at risk, even for just two hours.

Russ

January 8, 2021 11:06 PM Forum: Politics

Trump Called GOP Senators To Overturn Election During The Riots

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck

Got a link?

See Greg, I ask other to include links, too, even if they are on my side.

Not that you ever will, I'm sure Rod will correct it pronto.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/politics/mike-lee-tommy-tuberville-trump-misdialed-capitol-riot/index.html

January 8, 2021 11:16 PM Forum: Politics

Trump Called GOP Senators To Overturn Election During The Riots

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck

Thanks, I could have found it on my own but just giving Greg some grief. LOL.. <snort>

Check this out:

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/533403-sasse-says-trump-was-delighted-and-excited-by-reports-of-capitol-riot?fbclid=IwAR1-n3eHWAYNmQYErEQ3PbBIGux6ztqiJt1rtVfhb52--h7Txe8DjcIFhhA

January 8, 2021 11:28 PM Forum: Politics

Epic TakeDown Of GOP Enablers

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

Just ask Russ Carroll, Jim Brown, Rod Kaufman, Jim Moscheck or any other of the group of hypocrite weasels who defend, excuse, or ignore violence in the name of their cause, yet never fail to miss a moment to act like the morally bankrupt hypocrites that every single one of those fools are when another faction engages in it. 

Oddly, the only true part of this post is the admission that the trump party "engages in" "violence in the name of their cause"

Admitting the problem is always the first step of the path to recovery.