New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Russ Carroll

January 9, 2021 07:33 AM Forum: Politics

trump Banned Permanently

Posted By Russ Carroll

from Twitter

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/twitter-permanently-bans-president-donald-trump-n1253588?fbclid=IwAR0LRJPXFIJre4G4spqTAZmrtM511rLTq9kWX7ilB3t4KTod8ssq7jjgJ2E

NOW he will be on suicide watch.

January 9, 2021 08:27 AM Forum: Politics

trump Banned Permanently

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Richard Davis
And the applause from the left for Fascist shutting down of free speech by Big Tech

Richard, I literally got about 1 text per hour for MONTHS from the trump campaign during and after the election. How is turning his Twitter account off silencing him?

Twitter is a private platform, not a public entity. trump was treated like every other customer.

January 9, 2021 08:43 AM Forum: Politics

trump Banned Permanently

Posted By Russ Carroll

He ain't gone, Richard.

January 12, 2021 10:30 AM Forum: Politics

GOP lawmakers told Trump takes some responsibility for Capitol riot

Posted By Russ Carroll

Well, at least we know where the line is for the GOP faithful to call out trump: Armed insurrection against the US Government.

January 14, 2021 05:18 AM Forum: Politics

Now Liz Cheney is on board for impeachment.

Posted By Russ Carroll

Forget Nikki Haley, Jim B...LIZ CHENEY 2024!!

If she runs, she'll probably get the most financial support I've ever given to a candidate.

January 14, 2021 11:17 AM Forum: Politics

Trump told Pence he could be a 'patriot' or 'p----'

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by James Brown

In the run up to and aftermath of the election, leading to the riot, Trump went off the rails, but Pence stayed the course and we will have an orderly transition of power.

That ship sailed in November. If this ain’t a disorderly transition, it’ll do until the real one happens.

January 15, 2021 01:28 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by James Lacey

Trump is isolated and being abandoned. Reporting is that McConnell is entertaining, allowing him to be convicted in the Senate, to make sure the GOP is done with him forever. Most social media platforms block him. His staff is jumping ship as fast as they can. His banks are throwing him under the bus. His brand is permanently damaged. Corporate donors reject GOP members who participated in the big lie that the election was stolen. He and his family will be under investigation after he leaves office. For example, the shell company Jared set up to funnel half of their campaign money to the Trump family members to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars. You have to wonder why Trump ever wanted the job. He's awful at it, and he's managed to destroy his brand and image utterly.

I even hear he's getting kicked of AMART

January 15, 2021 05:40 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

I'm curious if you could see yourself voting for Trump in a primary again.  I know it is tough to view in a vacuum,  but let's say he was in a primary between Rubio, Romney, Haley, Cheney, Pence, and Cruz.  Any chance you would vote for Trump in that field?

Any once or future conservative ought to feel free to answer.  I would vote for any of those candidates over Trump.  It would not be close in my case.
In order

1 Cheney
2 Romney

if they were the nominee, you can add

3 Haley
4 Rubio

If Satan were the Democratic nominee

5 Pence

Cruz and Satan are a draw, so I’d just not vote

January 15, 2021 10:26 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

But if Satan and Trump were the last two standing, you'd vote for Satan, I presume?  
They are one and the same, so it's irrelevant.

All of my previous answers presume the candidate rejects trump and trumpism, so there's that, too.

January 15, 2021 10:49 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Even after everything that we have seen, the talk here is as if we just ended the college football season and are taking about next years. I just can't get my head around intelligent people not understanding how dire the situation is. This is how numb we have become after 4 years of trumpism. WE CAME PERILOUSLY CLOSE to many members of Congress being killed, and it is literally a miracle that it didn't happen. This has the potentially of ended our country as we have known it for 240 years.

It is STILL in great danger. Think about the fact that Lindsey Graham and others in the GOP say the Senate should not perform its constitutional duty and hold a trial of djt because it will lead to violence. That is EXACTLY how Italy became a fascist country. It is how the Nazi's obtained actual power. The WORST thing that could happen is this past and continued violence would lead to radical changes in the execution of our Constitutional democracy.

Like it or not, it is irrefutable that neo-nazi's and white supremacists have cuckold this party thorough donald trump. The trump supporters at the Capitol may not be part of that movement, but they were their battering ram to invade the Capitol. TODAY, it has the potential to take over the entire movement and put us into a war against domestic terrorists that make radical Islam seem quaint.

WE ARE BY NO MEANS OUT OF THE WOODS AND WE'RE ENTERING THE MOST DANGEROUS TIME IN OUR HISTORY.