Herb Bubert

Crescent Nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Russ Carroll

January 15, 2021 03:26 PM Forum: Politics

Now Liz Cheney is on board for impeachment.

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by James Brown

Russ, I think we are out of the woods.  There are a tens of millions of Rs and conservatives out here and only a tiny fraction approve of the events at the Capitol.  There will always be crazies.  But speaking of those crazies, if they had been bent on murder when they invaded the Capitol, there would be a lot more dead.  I am not defending them, but they behaved more like Frat boys on spring break with the selfies and all, than professional mercenaries supporting a coup.  

Biden gets sworn in on the 20th, and then in 4 years there will be an election which I predict will be rather normal stuff.  The system prevailed.

Jim 

Galatians 5:9

January 15, 2021 03:42 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

In 5 years, we have gone from "You have to take trump seriously, not literally", to today "Well the attack on the Capitol didn't succeed"

Most in the GOP still support trump and he is the leading candidate for President for them even today. Imagine what another 5 years would do to this country if he gets back into the White House. 

January 15, 2021 03:59 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

I disagree.  Trump has name recognition and that is it.  I'd bet money that HRC was the leading D candidate in any poll taken in 2017 or 2018.

Hillary Clinton was the leader of a political party, not a cult. In a cult, it doesn't really matter if some don't believe they are in a cult or not, they still empower it.

I used to argue in the late 90's with those that wanted to liberalize trade with China, giving them the crown jewel of our system, MFN. THEY would say all of this activity would change China into a Democracy, and I would argue that, in fact, they would change us. This is the foolishness of the evangelicals that hold their nose and vote for trump - trump is the one that changed the GOP, the GOP has not changed trump one lick.

January 15, 2021 05:11 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Hi Brian:

I saw that too.  The allegation of intent applies to specific individuals.  The guy with horns for example.  But he is also a drug addict and has been in and out of mental institutions.  I am not implying that these guys were not dangerous.  They were and are very dangerous.

But consider how things would have been different if the mob had included 25 or 30 armed and trained mercenaries.  Professional soldiers who were not crazy in the medical sense and who were not horn-wearing drug addicts.  Professional soldiers loyal to Trump.  It would have been a lot worse and it would have ended in a siege with countless dead.

I don't really have a point, other than Trump inspired a riot, not a well-coordinated coup attempt.  

Yes, there are a lot of crazies like viking braveheart guy, and just a bunch of Trumpies. The real problem is that there are thousands of neo-nazi's and white supremacist groups that are coordinating this stuff and are the dangerous ones.I know more than one of them, and they are not afraid to die. They are camouflaged (barely) by the majority of the 43% that still stick with trump and are a significant danger. They, along with the twisted ideology of QAnon, make this the Islamic Jihad of our country and are just as dangerous. McVey was tied to the Michigan Militia, and was no nut - he was evil.

If we don't find a way to get through to the Greg's of the world that they are providing cover and assistance for a dangerous radical group that has been with them form the start, we are potentially unleashing a domestic terrorist group that will rival radical Islam.

IMO, the ONLY reason these Militia nazi's did not succeed in killing members of Congress is that they were shielding themselves with the true-blood trumpies and they did not get to the front of the mob in time before members of Congress were shuffled off to safety. It only took one bullet to stop the trumpies at the front of the line and stop the incursion. Seeing one dead trump fanatic is all it took to scare them off. It won't be true for the embedded nazi's and racists.

January 15, 2021 06:06 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

...and these aren't even the most dangerous ones, but they do provide aid and support to them. What was his crime? He apologized for "prophesying" Trump would win the election:

"Over the last 72 hours, I have received multiple death threats and thousands upon thousands of emails from Christians saying the nastiest and most vulgar things I have ever heard toward my family and ministry. I have been labeled a coward, sellout, a traitor to the Holy Spirit, and cussed out at least 500 times. We have lost ministry partners every hour and counting.

After publicly repenting on January 7th, I fully expected to be called a false prophet etc in some circles but I could have never dreamed in my wildest imagination that so much satanic attack and witchcraft would come from charismatic/prophetic people. I have been flabbergasted at the barrage of continued conspiracy theories being sent every minute our way and the pure hatred being unleashed.

To my great heartache, I’m convinced parts of the prophetic/charismatic movement are far SICKER than I could have ever dreamed of. I truthfully never realized how absolutely triggered and ballistic thousands and thousands of saints get about Donald Trump. It’s terrifying! It’s full of idolatry!

If I helped to prop up this idealogy concerning him, I will need to repent again and stir up even more hell.
On a personal level, I am just beyond relieved that President Trump was only an assignment for a season and never a mandate. Revival is never dependent upon who sits in the White House but rather who sits on the Throne in Heaven. I will continue to preach the Cross and the power of the resurrection. I will continue to help prepare the Bride to meet our Bridegroom.

As we head into 2021, expect me to be more committed to the gospel and making disciples than ever before. By God’s grace I will walk in a greater measure of humility and repentance than ever before.  I will learn from my mistakes and seek correction from Godly leaders always.

I’m going to read the Sermon on the Mount now.

-Jeremiah Johnson"

January 15, 2021 06:08 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/534449-former-gop-congressman-says-hes-leaving-party-this-has-become-a-cult

January 15, 2021 10:19 PM Forum: Politics

Happy Thanksgiving....

Posted By Russ Carroll

One nice thing about a Big Green Egg is that it wouldn't blow over on my patio!  Some day I'll have to go to Michigan and lurk around your shop - see what's available at the deli, that sort of thing.  I just looked at the ribs on your FB page, and I'd have to say your opinion (on this topic anyway) is worth a lot!!

Jim

We have a pellet grill/smoker. They are amazing.

Have fun!

Russ

January 16, 2021 06:30 PM Forum: Politics

Conservative Website "American Thinker" Apologizes for Lies About Election Fraud

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Patrick Keafer

It's amazing what real truth a massive lawsuit brings out.  Dominion out did itself here.  

As Steve Schmidt said, the truth needs to be put on trial. Dominion can't settle for the good of the country. They need to go after every outlet that poisoned America and get all the way to a Jury decision.

January 16, 2021 11:36 PM Forum: Politics

Lets add a little truth to the fiction here...... lol

Posted By Russ Carroll

Even though this is a cartoon, it's actually pretty accurate. Consider this the "Surgeon Generals" warning to some posts here. Know Your Nut Job:

January 17, 2021 03:07 AM Forum: Politics

Lets add a little truth to the fiction here...... lol

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Steven Moore
The seal of the real nut jobs! wink

Which one(s) of the 8 do you relate to, Steve?