My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Russ Carroll

March 5, 2021 12:21 PM Forum: Politics

What is wrong with you?

Posted By Russ Carroll

I never got a nastygram from Richard. He sent me a PM yesterday so that I knew he was ok:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fn36l_z3WY

March 15, 2021 01:00 AM Forum: Politics

Covid-19 data and graphs

Posted By Russ Carroll

I got my vaccine yesterday. Single-dose J&J varietal. Very little soreness. Felt a little cranky that evening, but nothing major at all. 100% fine this morning. Nurse said not a single person was hospitalized with COVID during trials. 9000 patients in all I believe.

March 16, 2021 03:40 AM Forum: Politics

Covid-19 data and graphs

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by James Brown

So you felt like your normal self?
But of course smile  As far as what choice I had, I don't think I did, but I wanted the J&J vaccine and got it. I think Scripps got an unexpected shipment of J&J doses, and I got an email Friday night for slots available on Saturday. The slots filled up quickly. Good fortune and answered prayers, whichever you choose.

March 16, 2021 06:23 AM Forum: Politics

Covid-19 data and graphs

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news/coronavirus-pandemic-vaccine-updates-03-15-21/index.html
"About 47% of people who supported Trump in the 2020 election said they would not get a Covid-19 vaccine if it became available to them, a recent NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll found."

See, this is when even I, an Evangelical, have a bit of Darwinism in me. (Sadly) Let nature take care of the problem...

March 16, 2021 06:24 AM Forum: Politics

Covid-19 data and graphs

Posted By Russ Carroll

Hey JB, do you remember when I whipped out a Big Lebowski quote to try and chide Richard? It's becoming a thing smile

https://www.businessinsider.com/texas-judge-big-lebowski-2014-9

March 23, 2021 10:25 PM Forum: Politics

Sidney Powell's Defense...

Posted By Russ Carroll

And this is a lawyer? Why does she still have a law license. I can't believe we don't have Richard to explain to us what a great defense she is putting up and how it makes total sense, while at the same time defending the rioters.

June 17, 2021 10:04 AM Forum: Politics

GOP Rep "Louie" Gohmert On Changing the Earth/Moon Orbits

Posted By Russ Carroll

Speaking of Gohmert, what's the latest on Richard's whereabouts? Herbs bandwidth charges must have plummeted.

July 31, 2021 11:39 PM Forum: Politics

Dumbest thing on the net today.....

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer
Welcome back Rich!! 

Gonna be some some disappointed liberals whining shortly LOL.....
Disappointed? DISAPPOINTED??

It's taken this long to clear Herb's bandwidth overages so he could let Richard back in and you think we are disappointed???

January 1, 2022 12:20 PM Forum: Politics

I'm sure that the left and the resident RINO are already doing this....... BUT

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by James Brown

Hi Brian:

I agree that the Bee is typically not as funny as the Onion, but still...  you and me might not be the Bee's target audience.  Some folks, Rich for example find them to be funny often enough to re-post.  One thing I agree with Rich on, the "woke" have entirely lost their sense of humor.  I think it is fair to say that the "woke" are generally left of center too.  Seinfeld quit doing stand up on college campuses years ago because of the pervasive humor-killing wokeness of modern college culture.

None of us here are particularly woke, by the way.  We can still laugh at Animal House or Tropic Thunder.  Can you imagine the reaction of the Atlantic scold who interviewed the Bee's editor if she were forced to watch Tropic Thunder?  (See the link in Richard's second or third post)  That link, was terribly funny in my opinion; at the Atlantic's expense...

Jim

The fact that Dave Chappelle would become the target of cancel-culture says it all. If you can't leave Dave alone, you are totally lost.

January 7, 2022 05:18 AM Forum: Politics

Geraldo says he's "Eating Humble Pie" now due to his infection with Covid

Posted By Russ Carroll

Here is a chart from a presentation from JPM this morning to wealth management clients. They would sell NASA short after the Challenger explosion if they could to make money, so they have no political horse in the race. They also mentioned a study by Kaiser that showed that hundreds of thousands of people would not have died had they been vaccinated.