Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Russ Carroll

May 15, 2022 05:05 PM Forum: Politics

StarBux - new model for corporate amerika

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by James Brown

Lying Rich as victim.  Classic.  

Dude, you have no idea how much credibility you've lost by actually reading a RD post THIS LONG.

Richard, from now on, your delta tau chi name is TL;DR

May 15, 2022 05:18 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by william chiu
Happy May Day!

Prez Biden has your back, O amerikan workers.
T'aint no wannabee oligarchs to rain on the parade.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PueJZqINvI

Hey, how is it that you can post something from Krystal Ball and Saagar Enjeti only to escape the wrath of TL;DR?
I'm guessing this is all going completely over his head.

May 15, 2022 11:04 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

Yeah, because I'm just Not as smart as you are Russ.  

How's Biden working out for you?  
I voted for NOT(Trump), which was Biden. Best vote ever.

Now there are MANY scenarios where I could vote Republican for President in 2024, but running Trump, or Trumpism, again guarantees another anti-vote.

May 16, 2022 12:24 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Yeah, he's working out great.  

We might just make it the worst economic year ever in terms of inflation.  

That's fantastic Russ.  

I hope you don't plan to purchase a new vehicle.  

You'll pay at least 20% more for the same auto than you did last year.  

That's just one aspect of his roaring economy. 

BTW, I was paying $1.99 per gallon for Milk last year. 

Yesterday it was running $4.09 per gal. at Neighborhood Wal Mart. 

I know you can do math, but that's OVER 100% of an increase.  

All other goods, what 30% or more?

Sheet plywood is still more than 100% over what I was paying when Trump was in office.

As Larry Kudlow pointed out yesterday on his radio show, Inflation under the Trump Presidency was about 1.5%.

Under your brilliant President, its DOWN to 8.3% on average month over month. 

Yeah, Best vote ever.  
I measure my vote by what it prevented, not what it caused.

May 16, 2022 01:37 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

That's brilliant.  If it causes the crash of the economy, its worth it, because you don't have to listen to his mean tweets.  

Smart, logical.

So then, what did it prevent, aside from American prosperity and saving the lives of Afghanis who assisted us?

You've got one low bar there.  

All i will say to all of this is that Trump's own two Sec. of Defense wouldn't vote for him and called him unqualified to be President. So have others that worked for him.

May 16, 2022 02:41 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

BFD.  

You wrote this statement, I didn't:    I measure my vote by what it prevented, not what it caused.

I asked you a very specific question about what we "avoided" when we didn't elect Trump, what voting for Biden "Prevented".

I'll ask again, since you can't come up with a logical answer.   So then, what did it prevent, aside from American prosperity and saving the lives of Afghanis who assisted us?

Feel free to explain, or become Rod.  

OK, last, last word: Democracy was not overrun by the object of the Jan 6 commission. Jim would probably argue that Jan 6th wasn't that close to losing Democracy, and you would probably argue that it had not happened before I voted, but I would argue that you are both wrong and the trajectory towards autocracy (which no intellectually honest person should deny) is what actually mattered <END>

<EDIT> Actually, Richard, you would probably argue that it didn't even happen.

May 17, 2022 08:54 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

FWIW, TLDR will not be satisfied until you admit that the only reason any rational person would vote against Trump is because his mean tweets were triggering.  Trump's policies and management skills were without equal, right?  Fear of mean tweets is the only possible rational for an anti-Trump vote that comports with TLDR's worldview.  You may as well get it over with.  Jim

Ha! So true. BTTW does it bother you that you know TLDR this well? Like the back-of-your-hand well? Your insights are scary-accurate, man. 

May 17, 2022 08:57 PM Forum: Politics

The Republicans Who Voted Against Aid For Ukraine

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by william chiu

unless you have stock in raytheon, right, javelina?

I own stock in Raytheon (as does most everyone here through a retirement plan or ETF), and I highly approve of my investment. It's always double-plus good when your investments return both an economic and social justice return.

May 21, 2022 02:33 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Seriously, "BFD"?  The considered opinion of a couple of Secretaries of Defense who worked directly with the man is a strong data point for many rational voters.  Maybe not as strong a data point as an OAN editorial for other voters....

Jim, as I recall they not only said that he that must not be named was not only unqualified, but that he was unfit to be commander-in-chief. John Bolton said the same thing. Unqualified and unfit are not the same. Unqualified implies incompetence. Unfit implies something far more menacing.

May 25, 2022 02:52 PM Forum: Politics

2nd Amendment Fallacy

Posted By Russ Carroll

Maybe the greatest lie about the 2nd Amendment being perpetuated by some is "[it's] in place to help prevent our government from doing bad things." as I saw posted in a comment today.

Citizens deciding on their own what is lawful and unlawful is the very definition of lawlessness.

The 2nd Amendment, at its core, is in place to defend lawful society, not to create a lawless one.