New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Russ Carroll

May 25, 2022 03:27 PM Forum: Politics

2nd Amendment Fallacy

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer
This is the debate you want to have? AGAIN? 

The 2nd is all about the right to protect yourself, whether it be from an individual or a collective of individuals, yes, even a rogue government.

law enforcement engaged the Uvalde shooter before he had killed a single child. They were outgunned by body armor and AR-15’s. They could not stop him and a tactical unit had to be brought in to take him down, which took 19 children and 3 adults to do.

May 25, 2022 03:41 PM Forum: Politics

2nd Amendment Fallacy

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Mel Maki
It seems all police cars should have a rifle. They do not cost a lot more than a pistol.
There has to be a significant imbalance in force between citizens and government to be able to enforce laws and prevent/stop crime.

May 25, 2022 04:18 PM Forum: Politics

2nd Amendment Fallacy

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

Oh, I didn't hear that he used an AR 15.  Are you certain about that?

I don't know one way or the other, so I'm not saying that he didn't have an AR-15.  

Do you have it on good authority that he used that model of semi-auto rifle?  Just wondering.  

He posted a picture of himself with them on Instagram. He had high-capacity magazines in the pics as well.

May 25, 2022 06:12 PM Forum: Politics

2nd Amendment Fallacy

Posted By Russ Carroll

Wow, that is an amazing statement.  

There is a significant imbalance in places like......... China.  

A government that cannot enforce its rules is not a government.

May 25, 2022 06:17 PM Forum: Politics

2nd Amendment Fallacy

Posted By Russ Carroll

Did you miss my posting above.

You're spouting platitudes.  

Are you going to answer one posed to you?

Of course not.  You have no answers, and guess what, you and the rest of you liberals, aren't the only ones pissed off.

TLDR, ask me ONE question in a single sentence and I will.

May 25, 2022 06:50 PM Forum: Politics

2nd Amendment Fallacy

Posted By Russ Carroll

"Citizens deciding on their own what is lawful and unlawful is the very definition of lawlessness."

Ok, I agree totally with that statement. 

So I'll just reiterate my question;  who is deciding on their own? 

Anyone who breaks the law; The guy who shot up the school. The guy who refused to get his cattle of Federal land. The people who stormed the capital on Jan 6th.  Your neighbor when he drives drunk. Me, when I drive above the speed limit. I obviously could go on and on, but I'll leave that to you.

May 25, 2022 08:39 PM Forum: Politics

2nd Amendment Fallacy

Posted By Russ Carroll

Yeah, and guess what.  Those guys are called "criminals".  

Then you DO Understand they are breaking LAWS already in place.  

And so when you wrote:  

"Citizens deciding on their own what is lawful and unlawful is the very definition of lawlessness.

The 2nd Amendment, at its core, is in place to defend lawful society, not to create a lawless one".

those are meaningless, irrelevant sentences to those people like Me, Greg, Mel, Steve, and anyone else who obeys the law and doesn't break it.

IF that guy wasn't a criminal, he could have purchased 7 AR-15s and it wouldn't matter one wit.  I have 6 guns and I'm working on a 7th, so what is the problem with me having 25 weapons if I choose? 

Why are you lumping, Me, Greg, Mel or any other law abiding citizen in with this evil pile of garbage?  

What was your point?  We ALL agree that this evil guy didn't give a damn about laws.  So how is the 2nd amendment the problem?

We aren't deciding on our own. 

So then we agree totally on the law.  Nobody should decide on their own that they are going to break the law. 

And now what?  wassat

Why are you in favor of drunk drivers?

May 25, 2022 09:34 PM Forum: Politics

2nd Amendment Fallacy

Posted By Russ Carroll

You know something, You really are as big a jackass as they come.

Why are you fat-shaming me?

May 26, 2022 04:59 PM Forum: Politics

19 kids and 2 teachers dead at Texas elementary school

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by James Brown

Ok, I have two options here.  I could point out that the drinking age in all 50 states is 21.  We know Richard disdains international travel based upon his recent interaction with Maurice.  So it appears that Rich is simply misinformed.  No big deal.  Let's move on.

Or, I could go on a 75-100 line rant beating down poor Rich because he is wrong, he's a moron, he's a buffoon and so on.   I would quote a federal statute and call him an idiot.  He would reply boldly stating that he was talking about Italy and France, not the US.  Maybe he would reply that he was talking about parents serving their kids at home or some other exception to the general rule...  We would engage in several cycles of name calling.  In the end, Rich would convince himself that he was right all along.  No one, absolutely no one, would believe him.  That exercise  takes a lot of time and energy though, so I'll pass.

Jim

The Rich whisperer strikes again.

May 27, 2022 05:59 PM Forum: Politics

It turns out there was NO school resource officer on the scene inside the school, so the killer wasn't confronted.

Posted By Russ Carroll

I would bet over 90% of Americans would be in favor of banning the sale of assault weapons to anyone under the age of 21.