Mario Paliferro

Eastern Veil

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Russ Carroll

May 27, 2022 06:15 PM Forum: Politics

It turns out there was NO school resource officer on the scene inside the school, so the killer wasn't confronted.

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

Can you please define what is an assault weapon?  

Personally, I would not allow the sale of any weapon to anyone under 21 that has the ability to hold more than 2 rounds period. That would leave a bolt action rifle or a double-barreled shotgun as the only options. I would also not even object to banning all gun sales to anyone under 21.

An assault weapon, like an AR-15, is semi-automatic rifle, can have a magazine in excess of 10 rounds, and fires high-velocity projectiles (relative to other guns). This is my own definition. YMMV.

May 27, 2022 08:43 PM Forum: Politics

It turns out there was NO school resource officer on the scene inside the school, so the killer wasn't confronted.

Posted By Russ Carroll

75% of Republicans want NO new laws about guns.  

In fact a portion of that 75% want less strict gun laws.

So your 90% bet is right out the window.  

Aren't you glad you didn't bet a big chunk of money?

https://www.theblaze.com/news/cbs-john-dickerson-gives-gayle-king-a-reality-check-on-banning-assault-weapons

OK, how many here would want to raise the age to 21 for owning an assault rifle as I’ve defined earlier?

May 28, 2022 12:33 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

That makes sense to me.

So they can kill for our country at 18 so they can drink. Oh…wait. They can’t. Never mind.

May 31, 2022 08:24 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

I'll give you 3 reasons why we should raise the age to purchase assault weapon to 21. I could list the other 16 reasons, but this seems heartbreaking enough:

June 6, 2022 01:23 PM Forum: Politics

The Terminology Of The "Assault" Rifle

Posted By Russ Carroll

A GENERAL'S THOUGHTS ON THE AR-15

"As the former Commanding General of the Infantry Center at Fort Benning and Chief of Infantry, I know a bit about weapons. Let me state unequivocally — For all intents and purposes, the AR-15 and rifles like it are weapons of war.

Those opposed to assault weapon bans continue to play games with AR-15 semantics, pretending there’s some meaningful differences between it and the M4 carbine that the military carries. There really aren’t.
The military began a transition from the M16 to the M4, an improved M16, some years ago. The AR-15 is essentially the civilian version of the M16. The M4 is really close to the M16, and the AR-15.

So what’s the difference between the military’s M4 and the  original AR-15? Barrel length and the ability to shoot three round bursts. M4s can shoot in three round bursts. AR-15s can only shoot single shot.
But even now, you can buy AR-15s in variable barrel lengths with Weaver or Picatinny rails for better sights and aiming assists like lasers. Like the military, but without the bayonet.

But our troops usually use single shot, not burst fire. You’re able to fire a much more accurate (deadly) shot, that way. Note: you can buy our Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight on Amazon. So troops usually select the same fire option available on AR-15.

That is why the AR-15 is ACCURATELY CALLED a ‘weapon of war.’  It is a very deadly weapon with the same basic functionality that our troops use to kill the enemy. Don’t take the bait when anti-gun-safety folks argue about it. They know it’s true. Now you do too."

- Maj. General (ret) Paul Eaton

Source: https://twitter.com/pauldeaton52/status/1532492803271544833

June 6, 2022 05:42 PM Forum: Politics

Cheney: Jan 6: "An Extremely Well-Organized Conspiracy"

Posted By Russ Carroll

Does anyone care?   Liz Cheney is a delusional idiot (like you), who is going to be gone soon.  She's a clown show all in herself.  The whole thing is a complete sham.

https://twitter.com/marklevinshow/status/1533613182568349696?cxt=HBwWgIC-nY3EvsgqAAAA&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&refsrc=email

And just to reintroduce you with the truth.

Your leftist Democrats are going to get clobbered in 2022  

She is one of the only members of the GOP with balls.

June 7, 2022 10:08 PM Forum: Politics

Cheney: Jan 6: "An Extremely Well-Organized Conspiracy"

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer
Congrats Rich!! Happy for you.....
That's great, Rich. You have Joe Biden to thank.

June 7, 2022 10:11 PM Forum: Politics

A Well Regulated Militia.....

Posted By Russ Carroll

We have always had restrictions on what arms you can own and who can own them. The only question is what the restrictions are.

June 8, 2022 08:30 PM Forum: Politics

The Terminology Of The "Assault" Rifle

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by James Brown

The magazines clip in and out dramatically.  That is about it as far as weapon choice goes for the school shooter.

Jim,

You are way underestimating this feature in an AR-15. This isn't simply about looking cool. It puts 30-rounds of a high-velocity projectile in a gun and can be quickly swapped out. That is a major, major difference in killing power - just ask anyone in special forces or the infantry.

If you walk into one of these situations with any other type of gun, you are going to have a very hard time sustaining fire for any length of time.

Yes, it may look "badass", but that is not why AR's are so menacing. They are killing machines.

On a brighter note, the SF DA got his ass fired for being weak on crime:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/07/politics/primary-elections-june-7-california-iowa/index.html

Russ

June 10, 2022 10:00 AM Forum: Politics

Hearings Tonight

Posted By Russ Carroll

Those that need to watch wont. Even the Russian citizen has an excuse for their ignorance - their government wont let the truth be broadcast.

When you choose ignorance, you are worse than the Bolsheviks.