Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Russ Carroll

June 16, 2022 04:44 PM Forum: Politics

So you tell us what to do Democrats

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

It didn't happen under Trump did it?    

Oil was selling for negative dollars under Trump at one point. Of course Trump gets credit for oil being at negative $20/Barrel. You happy?

Obviously, the oil market is a little more complicated than who is President. You already see here that I agree it matters who is in office, and that Biden is a negative, not a positive as far as O&G exploration and production. No refineries were build under Trump BTW, is he to blame for that? (answer: no more than any other administration since the 70's)

June 17, 2022 10:57 PM Forum: Politics

Wall Street Journal on Jan 6 hearings

Posted By Russ Carroll

I will vote for almost any GOP candidate for President in 2024. Sent Trump up (or a couple other nut-jobs) and it will be just like 2020 for me - I will do everything I can to get the Democratic nominee elected.

Next.

June 23, 2022 07:55 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer

Just the ridiculousness of the thought that the union was nearly lost on Jan 6th because of a protest that turned to violence (albeit without guns) or that Trump masterminded an insurrection is laughable.....Trump is a lot of things including an ego-maniac but capable of planning and mounting a successful or even unsuccessful real insurrection? That is a hard no......Thats just nuts. 

Greg, I'm genuinely curious. Are you willing to let the past go in 2024 and forget about Trump as far as the Presidential race goes? I'm willing to do that to support a GOP candidate, but I don't know if others in the GOP base are. If this is just going to be an election about how Trump was screwed, I may vote for the GOP, but with little enthusiasm. If Trump actually runs again (or someone like DJT JR), I'll hold my nose again and vote for and support the Dems.

June 23, 2022 07:57 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by James Brown

I am watching the Stanley Cup - Go Avs!

ABC: you said the ice was ‘junk’ tonight.
Kadri : it’s 105 degrees outside, what do you expect?

This is why hockey shouldn’t be allowed below the 38th parallel

June 24, 2022 04:32 PM Forum: Politics

At Least 6 Justices still believe in the Bill of Rights

Posted By Russ Carroll

It is virtually impossible to get a conceal carry license in CA. I hope this changes that. There is no reason at all that I should not be allowed to have a handgun on my person for self-defense while away from home.

June 24, 2022 06:22 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by James Brown

Right...other than the fact that you can fly, bend iron bars with your bare hands, and bullets simply ricochet off your chest?
I an defenseless against kryptonite, which criminals all know.

June 24, 2022 06:34 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

I sent you some in the mail the other day!  

I labeled the package "Geodes".    

If you fall to your knees, heave it out the window asap!!   grin
Hey, you’re killing off a potential constituency if the GOP pulls its head out of the Trump toilet.

June 24, 2022 09:09 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck

Yeah, well, Go Avs and all that, but I still hate them.

No matter what happens in tonight's game I'm going to record E60 on ESPN this Sunday @ 1 pm EDT with an episode titled Unrivaled, the story of the rivalry between the Avs and the Red Wings in the 90's. I remember watching the Wing/Montreal game in which Detroit scored 7 goals against Patrick Roy, enroute to a 12-0 win in Montreal, which basically got him fired and he then vowed he'd never play another game for the Habs. He was traded to Denver four days later. There's that dirty hit on Draper by Claude Lemieux, the fight between Roy and Vernon, and the fight the next year with Roy and Osgood. I'm a big Ozzy fan and this picture hangs on our Red Wing Wall in my store. I get a kick out of the expressions on the Wings on the bench. 

There is a free watch party at Little Caesars Arena Saturday night, but I'll watch it in the comfort of my living room with my son when he visits on Monday.  

June 24, 2022 10:28 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Who would that be?  
Me. I am a very getable vote for a GOP candidate.

June 24, 2022 11:03 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Don't worry, we don't need you, but thanks for the offer!  smile
Whose ‘we’