Tommy Wlasichuk

Fireworks Galaxy

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Russ Carroll

August 29, 2022 11:43 PM Forum: Politics

You thought to yourself "Good Grief, these People Can't spend enough of My Money"

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

There you go. 

But wait a minute Russ, aren't you one of those who are in the upper portion of the nation's income earners, because you worked hard and you've done well?? 

I paid more because Trump attack Democrat Party states and I live at ground zero, California. I paid 13.8% to CA and was DOUBLE TAXED at the federal level when the SALT deduction was eliminated. Econ's always said this was unconstitutional, but they all ran for the hills when the issue finally arose under Trump.

August 29, 2022 11:50 PM Forum: Politics

Another Boring Ho Hum Post For Jim Brown

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by James Brown

I think you missed my post #19 in this thread.  I am OK with using retard in the manner you are using it.  I am never OK with using retard to describe a mentally disabled person, nowadays.

My bad, sorry! I've been wanting to vent about this for so long I leapt before I looked very carefully grin

They bleep the word retard out of one of my favorite episodes of the office now. PC run amok IMO.

BTW, and as I'm sure you're aware, idiot and moron were also medical terms that have been abandoned, yet you see little pushback on the usage of terms in slang. Just an observation.

August 30, 2022 12:24 AM Forum: Politics

You thought to yourself "Good Grief, these People Can't spend enough of My Money"

Posted By Russ Carroll

Well, speaking of morons. 

(I recall we've had the move from CA discussion before... just teasing.)

Retard would better fit for sure.

We had a house in Texas. The only problem was it was in Texas grin

August 30, 2022 11:34 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
Hey Rich D. Are you going to say your one example means none of the top 1% got a huge tax break?

Prove it, using some more examples. BTW, as well off as Russ is, he’s probably not in the top 1% of earners. I guess I could be wrong. Not that you would ever admit being wrong.

‘if you live in TX or FL you got a tax reduction. If you live in CA or NY you got an increase in taxes.

August 30, 2022 01:46 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Entrepreneurs and small/medium business owners in blue states took the brunt of the tax changes. I worked for decades to build a business and sacrificed a lot to do it. My income, relatively speaking, is very sporadic especially AT OR NEAR RETIREMENT. I had 2 “liquidity events” when I retired, basically selling the majority of my ownership in my company. I played by the rules since the beginning only to have them change at the very end, which hurt my retirement. I have had 2 different years of very high income 2017 and 2020, and I will need to live off of that for the rest of my life and provide for my children/grandchildren. I realize these are first-world problems that few would sympathize with, but it is not uncommon for successful entrepreneurs to struggle for decades and only have 1 window to show up “rich” to the taxman. Imagine if at the end of your career ALL of your 401k savings was declared as taxable income at age 65 and you are a millionaire for 1 single year pushing you into the top tax brackets. You’d be pissed too.

August 31, 2022 06:48 PM Forum: Politics

August 31, 2022 07:04 PM Forum: Politics

New DOJ filing in response to Donny's request for a special master

Posted By Russ Carroll

The government in this instance better have the goods on Trump and they better prosecute him for something serious, and they better win.  Otherwise I expect to see Trump win again in 2024.

I agree that he'd win the nomination.

Here's my problem with your first comment - probable cause does not equal guilt. You don't get arrested when a search warrant is executed for a reason. I realize the following statement is devoid of any political common sense, but why should Trump be treated differently than any other person? If ANYONE had secret documents improperly, they would get a call/knock on the door from the FBI. Hillary did, they just chose not to pursue a case. BTW I'm not defending Clinton having her own server and it was a serious offense in my opinion.

My own guess is that Trump is just an idiot and wanted these things for his own amusement, never thinking anyone would care about it. I 100% agree that if he's prosecuted for an infraction that really had no or little consequence, it would be catastrophic and they should drop the entire matter and essentially reprimand him for improperly handling sensitive information - LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TO HILLARY. Unfortunately, this idiot is so careless, he might have taken stuff that goes way beyond harmless, but only the Gov knows - Trump is too stupid to know of course.

September 1, 2022 06:40 PM Forum: Politics

Democrat Defeats Sarah Palin In ALASKA!

Posted By Russ Carroll

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/09/01/significance-sarah-palin-loss/

there is a good analysis here. Rank voting might be the cure for whack-job extreme candidates from getting elected and push moderates into office from either party. In this instance MANY Republican voters picked the D as their second choice above Palin.

"Palin certainly fits that mold, having seen her home state sour on her after an early resignation as governor, following her and John McCain’s loss in 2008. A pre-special election poll showed 70 percent of voters who preferred Begich as their first choice had an unfavorable opinion of Palin. She wound up getting about half their votes anyway. But that’s still half of voters for a Republican candidate being unwilling to rank another Republican as their backup."

September 1, 2022 06:46 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

I heard that Ben Shapiro is now trying to talk sense into the GOP by stating the obvious: Trump is hurting the conservative movement and the party needs to get past him.

https://www.thewrap.com/ben-shapiro-trump-republicans-cruising-for-a-bruising-midterm-elections/

“the more Republicans talk about Trump, the worse they do electorally.”

September 1, 2022 07:48 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

"President Biden would defeat former President Trump if the 2024 presidential election were held today, according to a Wall Street Journal poll released Thursday."
"Biden holds a 6-point lead over Trump in a hypothetical rematch, with 50 percent of registered voters saying they would probably or definitely vote for Biden and 44 percent saying the same of Trump." 
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3623980-biden-leads-trump-in-hypothetical-rematch-poll/
He is a small man with a small penis with nothing but time on his hands to try and make up for it:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trumps-vendetta-politics-elaine-chao-transportation-secretary-mitch-mcconnell-11661969905

"Beyond the unfairness [of Trumps attacks] to Ms. Chao, all of this relates to Mr. Trump’s role in the GOP. Instead of focusing on President Biden, Mr. Trump cares above all about settling scores with members of his own party. His politics is always about himself, not a larger cause. His vendettas have already hurt Republican prospects in 2022 by blackballing good candidates and letting Democrats divert attention from Mr. Biden’s failures. No wonder Democrats are thrilled to have Mr. Trump around."