My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Russ Carroll

December 7, 2022 01:31 AM Forum: Politics

Dems win Georgia

Posted By Russ Carroll

…either way. Having Warnock or Walker is a big boost for the Dems. Not sure which result DNC leaders actually prefer.

December 7, 2022 03:07 AM Forum: Politics

Dems win Georgia

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

Well, right at the moment, it looks like Walker is going to pull it out. While the Democratic leadership and party would certainly prefer Warnock, your point is well taken in that a Walker win has been said to revive Trump's candidacy if it happens and the likelihood he'll lose in 2024...
That’s true, too, but I was more  referring to the goldmine if idiotic quotes emanations from a Sen Walker over then next 6 years.

December 7, 2022 05:33 PM Forum: Politics

Trump Organization companies found guilty on all charges in tax fraud trial in New York

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by James Brown

Trying hard to regain the title of biggest asshole on the forum?

Not possible.

December 8, 2022 07:39 PM Forum: Politics

Trump ll OverTakes Trump1 In New Poll

Posted By Russ Carroll

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3767275-desantis-tops-trump-in-hypothetical-2024-matchup-poll/

Democrats will do everything in their power to try and get Trump nominated. I wonder if the hard-core Trumpers even care that he is a losing proposition.

Trump was right when he said in 2016 that he brought a lot of new people into the GOP, many of whom had never voted GOP in the past. This is part of the GOP dilemma. He obviously chased off many more independent, and principled conservatives, like myself and Jim, in the process cool

Even if miracle of miracles happens and Trump is neutralized, will whatever is left and those willing to come back be enough to win a presidential election?

December 8, 2022 11:34 PM Forum: Politics

Trump ll OverTakes Trump1 In New Poll

Posted By Russ Carroll

"Even if miracle of miracles happens and Trump is neutralized, will whatever is left and those willing to come back be enough to win a presidential election?"
Well, that is germane to my point: DeSantis, instead of morphing into a moderate, centrist candidate, will have to maintain his aurea of animus in his persona, policies and decision-making practices in order to placate and maintain Trump1's base...

I’m not one to help the D’S generally, but I seriously doubt it will work to try and paint DeSantis as Trump Jr. 

December 9, 2022 03:53 PM Forum: Politics

Synema goes Independent

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Richard Davis
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/sinema-rains-on-democrats-post-election-parade-the-note/ar-AA155nOO?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=a393052af156418499fe128931172830

Back to 50-49

you mean 48-49-3? It was 49-49-2 yesterday.

December 9, 2022 08:45 PM Forum: Politics

Synema goes Independent

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

But from what I read, Synema isn't going to caucus with either party.  

Not according to the Wall Street Journal:

"Ms. Sinema didn’t say in her opinion article or the video whether she would caucus with Democrats, but she is keeping her committee assignments controlled by the Democrats and signaled that the move won’t change the way she votes or works in the Senate. Sens. Bernie Sanders of Vermont and Angus King of Maine are both independents but caucus with Democrats and are counted as part of their majority."

December 15, 2022 07:08 PM Forum: Politics

Trump's "Major" Announcement

Posted By Russ Carroll

Great stocking-stuffers:

December 15, 2022 08:13 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
That's a joke, right???

Just like he is

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/dec/15/trump-mocked-superhero-digital-card-collection

He actually teased this yesterday, which I was dreading. Now that the world mocks him, how long before he pulls the "It's a joke, can't you take a joke" schtick.

December 15, 2022 09:38 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by James Lacey

I might have bought some for gag gifts if they were $9.99, but $99.00 is crazy. Trump superhero cards; the new Billy Beer.

AND, these are electronic, so you don’t even get a physical card 😂