Posts Made By: Russ Carroll

June 7, 2023 11:16 PM Forum: Politics

Paula Scanlan, Univ. of Penn Female Swimmer speaks out about Will "Lia" Thomas and how the girls were threatened.

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer

Shirley you jest.....if it were not for all the posts you guys make whining (and/or about/baiting) Rich this place would be dead dead dead lol

Actually, I post here mostly as a safety valve to get stuff off my chest. If I posted half of this crap on any social media that other than a few astrogeeks read, I'd lose a bunch of friends, business colleagues, family and have a pretty unhappy spouse on my hands grin

June 8, 2023 09:39 PM Forum: Politics

Paula Scanlan, Univ. of Penn Female Swimmer speaks out about Will "Lia" Thomas and how the girls were threatened.

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

But there is no difference between You and I.  

There's one big difference between you and me, Richard. I do this job because I've been trained to do it. You do it because you LOVE it.

June 8, 2023 09:45 PM Forum: Politics

Clarence/Alito Scramble For Financial Extensions

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by David Cotterell
I asked this in another thread but it got buried under all the arguing and sniping.

How, in any sane political system, are financial donations allowed to be made to sitting judges at any level?  Judges are not (supposed to be) political figures.  The judiciary is meant to be independent, isn't it?  Three branches and all that...

Dave  

One of the problems with lifetime appointments. They are the "tenure" of government.

BTW praying for my beloved Canada. These wildfires are pretty insane.

June 8, 2023 09:59 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

I do have fun getting under the skin of the left here Russ.  It is without a doubt enjoyable, especially when Jim Brown starts posting frantically, one frustrated response after the next in rapid succession.   LOL  

You seem to be more aware of it, and are more astute in your understanding.  smile  

However, when I see the left utterly destroying my nation, someone needs to call it out.  You guys certainly aren't willing to take the plunge.  You'll sit on your hands and watch it happen.  And that's ok if that's how you operate.  It just gives me more insight into your thought process.  wink 

Not to get too serious on a frivolous forum designed for entertainment, but I will. Richard, the problem is that you attack forum members as much if not more than the issues you raise, and for no reason. I am not immune from this, but I try hard not to do this. 

Not only is that pretty much the opposite of what I claim to be deeply help spiritual beliefs, but it is just destructive. Look at the ungodly mess that is America as a society today from of all things a political perspective. Many don't simply oppose other ideas, they hate the people that not only propose but hold these ideas. This can't be allowed to happen in a healthy society where compromise is the fragile thread that keeps dissimilar people united under the same flag.

To disagree with others, even strongly, is fine and even patriotic when done in the right measure. To demonize those that hold other beliefs than yourself is wrong and pisses in the very bathwater you yourself are bathing in.

June 8, 2023 10:20 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Are you referring to yourself here Russ, as when you literally referred to Donald Trump as Satin and Hitler? 

Is that the instance to which you are referring Russ?  smile
Satan, not Satin.

June 8, 2023 11:57 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by David Cotterell

The fires are in very remote areas but there are some isolated native communities near some of them...many have had to evacuate.
The smoke is affecting many millions of people, however.
There is a low pressure system that has been stuck over Nova Scotia for a week or more.  The backside airflow is coming down over the eastern Great Lakes and on into New England, New Jersey and New York...  If this system moves off the smoke will blow into the mostly uninhabited North Atlantic region....but when will this low move?
Dave

I just hate seeing one of the most beautiful places on the planet scarred so much by these fires, even though it is necessary in the long run.

One of the few things on my bucket list is a winter camping trek through some of the lake areas in Ontario or similar. Something akin to this: 

https://youtu.be/RoGe1SRbQDY

I'm probably never going to be healthy enough to do much snowshoe trail-breaking, so it's probably going to have to be on a snowmobile.

I wanted to buy some land there, but Americans are not legally able to at the moment, which is an enormous mistake by the Canadian government. Canadians are the #1 foreign owners of US land, so I would not mess with that if I were Trudeau.

I thought about getting dual-citizenship. My father was Canadian and I think they have to accept my application on that basis, even though he became a US citizen late in life, but that's a lot of wrangling just to buy some recreational property.

Maybe one day...

June 9, 2023 09:26 PM Forum: Politics

Trump Indicted. Again.

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

"Imagine being so unimaginably stupid, though, to think that you could leave the White House and clumsily steal a bunch of boxes of sensitive state secrets for who knows what purpose and get away with it."
The republicans do...

Without any knowledge of what evidence will be presented to a jury, or even what each of the charges are, these morons do further damage to our system by saying this is a corrupt witch-hunt targeting innocent Satin. Even if Satin were innocent, I hope they all rot for this for casting so much doubt on our judicial system. Prosecutors do get it wrong at times, and people get acquitted in this country by jury's. There is little doubt Satin will not be so fortunate, but he will get a fair trial.

June 9, 2023 10:59 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by James Brown

Hi Rod, flight was fine, thanks!   Emoticon is caused by a ; symbol followed by another one, probably a ).  You can get rid of it by putting an otherwise useless space in between the symbols.    Big political news day, but not much input from me, I hate typing on my phone….  Have a great weekend.

Vacay? 

June 10, 2023 03:14 AM Forum: Politics

Is the goal Which marketing executive can TANK an entire company FASTER than the other Exec?

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
Crackers not being able to eat at Cracker Barrel? What's next, Waffle House? Where are these folks going to eat? They thought Chick fil A was safe, too.

I just went to Walmart and saw a Pride display on a skittles endcap. Et tu, Walmart?

June 10, 2023 03:16 AM Forum: Politics

Trump Indicted. Again.

Posted By Russ Carroll

I notice that not one RINO here or any of the leftists even cares that Trump is being singled out, when Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton, and Bill Clinton all engaged in the same retention of classified documents in their possession and that they have been given a complete pass.

Joe Biden had 1850 Boxes of documents in 4 difference places, at his house, at UPenn, etc... and there isn't an uproar from the left or from RINOs.

What should be extremely troubling to the leftists and the RINOs here is that there is a 2 tier justice system in this nation, One for Donald Trump and One for everyone else as Alan Dershowitz has pointed out, but that is unimportant to those who don't care about the US Constitution and the corrupt DOJ. 

Not surprising, especially when it comes to "Lawyers" out there.   smile

If I wanted to read MAGA propaganda , I'd listen to them directly. Did you read the indictment?