andrews porter

Hart nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Russ Carroll

May 26, 2024 11:23 PM Forum: Politics

Wow, 25,000 people showed up at the Biden Rally in the Bronx..... ERR, sorry I meant to say 25,000 people showed up at the TRUMP rally in the Bronx.

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by David Cotterell
Ruh-roh!!   The claimed 25 000 attendance seems 'juuuuuust a little bit outside" to quote Bob Uecker.

Aerial photo of the crowd and stage...

Dave

Rich: There were 25,000 in attendance!

David: You're off by a zero

Rich: There were 250,000!!!! OMG!!!!

David: 😑

May 27, 2024 12:35 AM Forum: Politics

I'm at the end of the worst day of my life.

Posted By Russ Carroll

Oh, Jim, I am so crushed and heartbroken for you! There are no words. I will be praying for you and your family.

Your friend,

Russ

May 27, 2024 01:10 AM Forum: Politics

I'm at the end of the worst day of my life.

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
Thanks guys, what a day it's been.

We're going through photos and here's one taken 37 years ago.
What an incredibly beautiful bride, Jim. I’m so sorry for your loss.

June 2, 2024 04:45 PM Forum: Politics

Guilty on all counts

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by James Lacey

I agree here, too. I don't think Trump is a Machiavellian genius playing 4D chess. Trump isn't thinking and acting; he's merely acting on his impulses and character flaws, as usual.

Here’s the great irony IMO. Biden biggest problem right now is a $300+ tab when getting a modest amount of groceries. People are getting a weekly reminder of how bad inflation has been, and it does not have to continue to go up to still be painful. The ironic part, as I have said now for years, is that a shortage of immigrant labor in this country is the main cause of this inflation, and until labor availability returns to normal, we will suffer. Neither party wants to address it. Trump is on the more radical side of keeping legal immigration down, so if elected, he ain’t fixing it. The chamber of commerce has no voice in either party and we will pay for that for a very long time.

June 15, 2024 02:53 AM Forum: Politics

CEO's: "Trump's an ignoramus"

Posted By Russ Carroll

Who would have ever figured...

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/06/14/ceos-at-trump-meeting-not-impressed.html

June 15, 2024 03:19 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

LOL!!!  

Now, I have to say that I understand that you aren't that bright, however this was apparently a meeting where there wasn't any "confidentiality" at stake.

These aren't "confidential" sources.  

According to the reporter "so and so said this about another so and so".

Let me explain it to the brain dead out there who think that if they claim these people are confidential sources, the only idiots out there who buy that bullshit are the leftists who don't have 2 brain cells to rub together. 

They never name names any longer because most of the time they are just making things up, creating stories that fit their hit pieces.

Try another line of bullshit and maybe James Lacey or Jim Brown will support it.   tongue

Very few people would doubt Andrew Ross Sorkin. He may lean left, but he has a very good reputation as a reporter. This comment is really for any objective person reading it, not you, Richard.

June 15, 2024 07:00 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Richard Davis.

I mean to say, after all aren't you leading your congregation tomorrow to give them a Bible lecture on how you know that Trump is actually Satan himself as described in the book of Revelation? 

I’m pretty sure Satan reports to Trump.

June 21, 2024 11:41 PM Forum: Politics

And another video of Biden just unaware as usual, of where he is at. Barack Obama has to grab him by the hand, then guide him off the stage.

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by James Brown

I have no idea what double standard you are talking about.

If it is local, there is no double standard - you are far and away the primary name caller and mocker on this board.  If others call you names it is in retaliation and exasperation.  So I would say, as a twenty year reader of this forum, that you are responsible for 99% of all juvenile name calling that occurs here, no matter who actually posts the juvenile name calling.

If you have morphed over to the double standard in the press treatment of candidates, I would agree.   The NYT, Washington Post, CNN and so on generally give Biden a pass and always attack Trump.   Fox News, WND, The New York Post and so on give Trump a pass and attack Biden.   Ho Hum.   Yes this is hypocrisy, but it is known and should be recognized by anyone who consumes political news.  Peggy Noonan has a good editorial today (linked on Real Clear) about the failure of modern journalism, and she makes her point without needing to call out the left or the right, since both are culpable.

So now, I am waiting for an example of my own alleged liberal hypocrisy and/or something specific about this double standard.  Maybe you can start by pointing out (by number maybe?) the post where you lay out such an airtight case for a leftist double standard.
Jim,

Rich was talking to somebody about boats. electric boats. And his connection to bioengineering, you know Hitachi Medical, and if the boat sinks and there’s a shark, would you get electrocuted…nobody thought to ask that…and he said there were a lot of shark attacks lately, but only because they misunderstand….

June 25, 2024 10:30 PM Forum: Politics

Trump's VP Picks Reportedly Reduced To Two...

Posted By Russ Carroll

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman
JD Vance and Doug Burgum. And that's assuming Trump can wake tomorrow and remember who they are.

Let's consider both, shall we? 

First, both have utterly dumped on Trump during the times in their lives when they were rational human beings. 

Here's Doug stating he wouldn't do business with Donald Trump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRJUIJnHhcI

JD, for his part, and not to be outdone, had this to say about him:   "Vance once referred to Trump as "America's Hitler"

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-acknowledged-jd-vances-past-disparaging-comments-ohio-rally-2022-4

Now, both are Trump sycophants:

JD, for example is on a mission to stop any and all funding for Ukraine, thus getting an early start in allowing the Trump team's plan to expedite Putin's conquest of eastern Europe. (I'm sure RICH DAVIS, is thrilled with that). 

https://thehill.com/opinion/international/4597442-j-d-vance-is-dead-wrong-about-ukraine-aid/

Doug, has a different take on matters. He's on a mission to inform the world that "Biden is a dictator":

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/06/23/burgum-cnn-biden-dictatorship-00164585

To that end, Doug (and JD) have vowed to block any Biden NOMINEES for anything because, obviously, NOMINATIONS only come from a dictator, right?
Ya gotta love that logic...

We'll just have to wait and see who the eventual pick is, but, at the moment, it's reportedly one of these clowns...

WTF, how is it that Richard is not on this list???

June 27, 2024 01:46 AM Forum: Politics

First Presidential Debate

Posted By Russ Carroll

with 2 people that have not received their parties nomination. Your political tidbit for the day.