My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: John Rennekamp

February 16, 2010 06:09 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Lost AM Identity

Posted By John Rennekamp

I had been a very long time AM member with well over 100 5 star ratings. Recently I could no longer log in to AM and repeated emails and requests to verify my password were not answered. I rejoined under all the same user name, password, and email adress as before and it accepted me as a new member with no ratings. I have sent emails direct to AM and to a few moderators. No answer yet. Anyone know what I can do to get my history back? PLEASE HELP.

September 11, 2018 02:13 AM Forum: Star Parties

Pennyrile Stargaze in Dawson Springs KY, Oct 6th to 14th

Posted By John Rennekamp

If you are looking for a nice, small star party to attend check out the Pennyrile Stargaze at Pennyrile State Park near Dawson Springs , KY. This is an informal star party with no attendance fee. It is held in the state park about 2 miles from the State Park campground. This particular Star Party is in it's 5th year. Nice camping available for tents or motor homes on site at the star observing location. You can use the state campground showers for a small fee or stay at the campground lodge if you prefer not to camp. The State park rents lodge rooms, cabins and has a nice restaurant. There is also a golf course in the park.

Being held October 6th thru the 14th.

There is a Facebook page under Pennyrile Stargaze that has some limited information and pictures of past star parties.

September 28, 2020 09:05 PM Forum: Star Parties

Pennyrile Star Gaze 2020

Posted By John Rennekamp

If you are looking for a nice, small star party to attend check out the Pennyrile Stargaze at Pennyrile State Park near Dawson Springs , KY. This is an informal star party with no attendance fee. It is held in the state park about 2 miles from the State Park campground. This particular Star Party is in it's 7th year. Nice camping available for tents or motor homes on site at the star observing location. You can use the state campground showers for a small fee or stay at the campground lodge if you prefer not to camp. The State park rents lodge rooms, cabins and has a nice restaurant. There is also a golf course in the park.Being held October 10th thru the 18th.There is a Facebook page under Pennyrile Stargaze that has some limited information and pictures of past star parties.

September 3, 2021 11:55 PM Forum: Star Parties

Pennyrile Star Gaze 2021

Posted By John Rennekamp

Tired of Covid and looking for a nice place to get out and do something interesting? 
How about a nice , small star party to attend? Check out the Pennyrile Stargaze at Pennyrile State Park near Dawson Springs , KY. This is an informal star party with no attendance fee. It is held in the state park about 2 miles from the State Park campground.  Nice camping available for tents or motor homes on site at the star observing location that is located near the Park Maintenance Building. You can use the state campground showers for a small fee or stay at the campground lodge if you prefer not to camp. The State park rents lodge rooms, cabins and has a nice restaurant. There is also a golf course in the park. Being held October 2nd thru the 10th.There is a Facebook page under Pennyrile Stargaze that has some limited information and pictures of past star parties.
FUNDING MEMBER
Telescopes, Astronomy, Binoculars

SPONSORS
Takahashi
Anamorfose
ADM
Optique Unterli

June 30, 2022 01:28 AM Forum: Star Parties

Pennyrile Star Gaze 2022

Posted By John Rennekamp

Looking for a nice place to get out and do something interesting?

How about a nice , small star party to attend? Check out the Pennyrile Stargaze at Pennyrile State Park near Dawson Springs , KY. This is an informal star party with no attendance fee. It is held in the state park about 2 miles from the State Park campground.  Nice camping available for tents or motor homes on site at the star observing location that is located near the Park Maintenance Building. You can use the state campground showers for a small fee or stay at the campground lodge if you prefer not to camp. The State park rents lodge rooms, cabins and has a nice restaurant. There is also a golf course in the park. Being held September 24th to October 2nd.There is a Facebook page under Pennyrile Stargaze that has some limited information and pictures of past star parties.

September 24, 2022 03:12 AM Forum: Star Parties

Pennyrile Star Gaze 2022

Posted By John Rennekamp

I just found out the main person who organizes this had an issue with his motorhome and will not be attending. The event will still take place but there may not be anyone there until Saturday afternoon in which a few of us plan to arrive then.

June 23, 2023 12:43 AM Forum: Star Parties

Pennyrile Star Gaze 2023

Posted By John Rennekamp

How about a nice, small star party to attend? Check out the Pennyrile Stargaze at Pennyrile State Park near Dawson Springs, KY. This is an informal star party with no attendance fee. It is held in the state park about 2 miles from the State Park campground.  Nice camping available for tents or motor homes on site at the star observing location that is located near the Park Maintenance Building. You can use the state campground showers for a small fee or stay at the campground lodge if you prefer not to camp. The State Park rents lodge rooms, cabins and has a nice restaurant. There is also a golf course in the park. Being held October 7th thru the 16th.There is a Facebook page under Pennyrile Stargaze that has some limited information and pictures of past star parties.

Pennyrile Star Gaze 2023

Posted By John Rennekamp

How about a nice, small star party to attend? Check out the Pennyrile Stargaze at Pennyrile State Park near Dawson Springs, KY. This is an informal star party with no attendance fee. It is held in the state park about 2 miles from the State Park campground.  Nice camping available for tents or motor homes on site at the star observing location that is located near the Park Maintenance Building. You can use the state campground showers for a small fee or stay at the campground lodge if you prefer not to camp. The State Park rents lodge rooms, cabins and has a nice restaurant. There is also a golf course in the park. Being held October 7th thru the 16th.There is a Facebook page under Pennyrile Stargaze that has some limited information and pictures of past star parties.

Pennyrile Star Gaze 2023

Posted By John Rennekamp

August 6, 2023 02:48 PM Forum: Mounts

Problem with Ioptron HAZ 31

Posted By John Rennekamp

I just got a new HAZ 31 and out of the box it will not power up. I tried both a 12 volt power supply and the AC adapter and nothing happens. Also put a new battery in the hand controller and nothing at all.

Anyone else have similar issue?