My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Doug Matulis

December 13, 2010 01:02 PM Forum: Politics

OBumer care ruled unconstitutional!

Posted By Doug Matulis

This is a great victory for the American people, the rule of law and the constitutional principles of individual liberty and freedom!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/13/federal-judge-rules-favor-virginia-challenge-health-care-law/

December 13, 2010 01:32 PM Forum: No Holds Barred

Real meaning to eye for an eye...

Posted By Doug Matulis

Shiria law gives real meaning to an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/12/13/report-iranian-man-sentenced-acid-penalty-blinding-man/

December 15, 2010 08:37 AM Forum: Politics

Top Ten Covered-up/Under Reported for 2009

Posted By Doug Matulis

Here is a list of the most covered-up and under reported news stories for 2009. Any ideas what the 2010 news stories will be?

1. Evidence the Fort Hood mass murderer was an Islamic terrorist acting as part of a larger, radical Islamic movement

2. The Tea Party movement, including the 9/12 Washington, D.C., rally

3. The "Climategate" leaked e-mails and the devastating, smoking-gun proof they offer of corrupt and grossly politicized junk science

4. Obama's constitutional eligibility to be president

5. The true impact on Americans of Obama's health-care agenda

6. The true impact on the U.S. and world economies of cap-and-trade, should it become law

7. The true cause of the subprime meltdown that led to the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression.

8. Obama's czars and other radical appointees

9. The Obama administration pushed for the legally ousted Honduran president to be put back in office and also called for a halt to Jewish residential construction in the Holy Land after the president insisted during the Iran protests that he could not interfere in another country's politics.

10. The exposure of ACORN's criminality by a freelance undercover probe and the many criminal charges against the community organizing group tied to President Obama and the Democratic Party

December 16, 2010 06:57 AM Forum: Politics

A credible threat?

Posted By Doug Matulis

Do you all see this as a credible threat to the country?

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=240045

December 16, 2010 10:22 AM Forum: No Holds Barred

Missing threads?

Posted By Doug Matulis

Where some threads by Gary deleted?

December 22, 2010 08:42 AM Forum: No Holds Barred

Merry Christmas

Posted By Doug Matulis

To All:

Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas, Happy Holydays, and a wonderful New Year filled with health and joy.

Your favorite Fundie,

Doug

December 22, 2010 09:26 PM Forum: Politics

Christianity of the Founders... Part 1

Posted By Doug Matulis

...and our Christian Heritage for those who deny the truth.

Samuel Adams
Father of the American Revolution, Signer of the Declaration of Independence

I . . . recommend my Soul to that Almighty Being who gave it, and my body I commit to the dust, relying upon the merits of Jesus Christ for a pardon of all my sins.
-------------------------------------------------------

Charles Carroll
Signer of the Declaration of Independence

On the mercy of my Redeemer I rely for salvation and on His merits; not on the works I have done in obedience to His precepts.

John Dickinson
Signer of the Constitution

Rendering thanks to my Creator for my existence and station among His works, for my birth in a country enlightened by the Gospel and enjoying freedom, and for all His other kindnesses, to Him I resign myself, humbly confiding in His goodness and in His mercy through Jesus Christ for the events of eternity.

John Jay
First Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court
Unto Him who is the author and giver of all good, I render sincere and humble thanks for His manifold and unmerited blessings, and especially for our redemption and salvation by His beloved son. He has been pleased to bless me with excellent parents, with a virtuous wife, and with worthy children. His protection has companied me through many eventful years, faithfully employed in the service of my country; His providence has not only conducted me to this tranquil situation but also given me abundant reason to be contented and thankful. Blessed be His holy name!

-----------------------------------------------------
Robert Treat Paine
I desire to bless and praise the name of God most high for appointing me my birth in a land of Gospel Light where the glorious tidings of a Savior and of pardon and salvation through Him have been continually sounding in mine ears.

---------------------------------------------------------

Benjamin Rush
My only hope of salvation is in the infinite, transcendent love of God manifested to the world by the death of His Son upon the cross. Nothing but His blood will wash away my sins. I rely exclusively upon it. Come, Lord Jesus! Come quickly!

----------------------------------------------------------

Roger Sherman
Signer of the Declaration of Independence, Signer of the Constitution
I believe that there is one only living and true God, existing in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. . . . that the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are a revelation from God. . . . that God did send His own Son to become man, die in the room and stead of sinners, and thus to lay a foundation for the offer of pardon and salvation to all mankind so as all may be saved who are willing to accept the Gospel offer.

----------------------------------------------------------

Richard Stockton
I think it proper here not only to subscribe to the entire belief of the great and leading doctrines of the Christian religion, such as the Being of God, the universal defection and depravity of human nature, the divinity of the person and the completeness of the redemption purchased by the blessed Savior, the necessity of the operations of the Divine Spirit, of Divine Faith, accompanied with an habitual virtuous life, and the universality of the divine Providence, but also . . . that the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom; that the way of life held up in the Christian system is calculated for the most complete happiness that can be enjoyed in this mortal state; that all occasions of vice and immorality is injurious either immediately or consequentially, even in this life; that as Almighty God hath not been pleased in the Holy Scriptures to prescribe any precise mode in which He is to be publicly worshiped, all contention about it generally arises from want of knowledge or want of virtue.

-------------------------------------------

John Witherspoon
I entreat you in the most earnest manner to believe in Jesus Christ, for there is no salvation in any other [Acts 4:12]. . . . [I]f you are not reconciled to God through Jesus Christ, if you are not clothed with the spotless robe of His righteousness, you must forever perish.

This is just a few, there are hundreds more pieces of texual evidence.

December 22, 2010 09:33 PM Forum: Politics

Jacob Broom

Posted By Doug Matulis

A letter from Jacob Broom, Signer of the Constitution, to His son:

Wilmington Feb. 24,1794

Dear James,

I recd.[received] your favor of the 27th ulti [last] & am well pleased at the sentiments expressed - whilst you go on, having your own approbation you have nothing to fear - I flatter myself you will be what I wish but don't be so much flattered as to relax of your application - don't forget to be a Christian, I have said much to you on this head [topic of discourse] & I hope an indelible impression is made -

Tell Mr. Harrison that I shall attend to his request, very soon - I am & have been very much engaged for some time past; being about to establish a Cotton Manufactory at this place - it is an arduous undertaking for an individual; but I hope to accomplish it - I have bought a valuable plantation on B. Wine and have secured a Mill seat [site] where I intend building (the ensuing summer) a Cotton Mill to spin part of the stuff [note: Broom built the first cotton mill at Brandywine in 1795 near Wilmington, DE] -

Your mamma, sisters & brothers are well & so is J.S. Littler - they join with me in love to you -

I expected sir now to receive another letter from you -

I have sold my Mercht.[Merchant] Mill & Plantations in Kent for $25,000 I am improving my other seat there - all this is nothing without economy, industry & the blessing of Heaven - I am building another Mill there -

I am, in haste yours affectionately

Jaco Broom

P.S. when will be your vacation? Your sister Nancy wishes to see you as soon as that shall take place -

December 22, 2010 09:41 PM Forum: Politics

Charles Carroll

Posted By Doug Matulis

Doughoragen 27th September 1825

Dear Sir

I received this day yr. [your] letter of the 24th instant, affectionaate & replete with just & pious sentiments. On the 20th of this month I entered into my eighty-ninth year: This in any country would be deemed a long life, yet as you observe if it had not been directed to the only end, for which man was created, it is a near nothing an empty phantom, a indivisible point compared with eternity.

Too much of my time & attention have been misapplied on matters to which an impartial Judge, penetrating the secrets of hearts, before whom I shall soon appear, will ascribe merit deserving recompense. On the mercy of my redeemer I rely for salvation and on his merits; not on the works I have done in obedience to his precepts, for even these, I fear, a fallacy a mixture will render unavailing, and cause to be rejected. Mrs. Harper and the rest of my family present their respects to you. I remain with sincere regard and wishes equally sincere for your health and happiness here & hereafter.

Dear Sir

Yr.[your] most hum. Servt.[Servant]

Ch. Carroll of Carrollton

January 6, 2011 10:19 AM Forum: No Holds Barred

Science IS delving into the supernatural

Posted By Doug Matulis

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/01/06/science-esp-explored-respected-psychology-journal/

ESP, predicting the future! Ooooooohha! Next thing you know, God, Noah's Ark, and a 6000 year old universe. wink