My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Michael Scherman

June 21, 2010 01:54 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Jupiter and Mars from last month

Posted By Michael Scherman

Here is Jupiter in January shot from the sububs at f17.4 through a SV102T Apo. Stack of 900 images from a DBK21AU04 camera. Seeing is difficult as I am right up against the foothills.

June 21, 2010 01:56 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Jupiter and Mars from last month

Here is Mars also shot from the sububs at f17.4 through a SV102T Apo. Stack of 650 images from a DBK21AU04 camera.

June 21, 2010 02:01 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Jupiter 21 June 2010 (Io transit)

NICE detail! What did you shoot with?

June 26, 2010 09:53 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

First EVER Astrophotography Planetary photos :D

Nice Mike. A bit underexposed is nice as you didn't saturate highlights. Actually you can push to f25 or f30 if seeing is really good. Damian Peach typically does. The fact you got a sharp defined globe on Venus is alone, something to be proud of.

July 11, 2010 08:22 PM Forum: Bad to the Bone Autos

But do you have rich Corinthian leather?

...and this is considered the "small Chrysler"

September 16, 2010 08:41 PM Forum: Religion

Total Depravity

I guess this is a compelling reason to answer "same manner victim was killed" on the current AM poll on capital punishment. This should be a capital offence, as violence of this nature eventually translates to humans. Check out fur farms and dog culling in China (and SE Asia) if you need to see how far down the rabbit hole goes in terms of human depravity. Starting to look foward to the Lord's bowls of wrath.

September 16, 2010 08:54 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

This One Is Getting Old

Nice! Reminds me of a shot I got back in Feb of a 2(ish) day old waning cresent: Nikon D3000: 200 mm.

September 16, 2010 09:09 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Fly over of the New Zealand fault trace.

This is no joke... From the Kiwi Rail Staff Newsletter: This photo taken at the 3km mark on the Midland Line shows in very graphic terms the impact of Saturday morning’s earthquake. LE Dick Heanga, who was working at the time of the quake, managed to stop just 30 metres short of this buckle

May 22, 2011 09:12 PM Forum: Religion

now that we're all still here

Well said Joseph and thanks! The heavens declare the glory of God, but so does the microscopic and subatomic. grin

December 7, 2011 10:46 AM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

Ups and Downs of the Forums

"Some times it is my own doing. I get too pissed at a couple of "regulars" that I either disagree with or I find personally repugnant or the one that always gets me really pissed"

VERY WELL said, I stopped visiting the religion forum out of disgust due to several "individuals" (I have much more accurate descriptors for these, but they are not suitable for the forums smile) that effectively shot down everyone with their intolerant and extremely flawed logic. I agree this is a good forum and people of religious faith (myself included) should be able to share ideas without all that athiest FUD. Thanks for weeding Herb, I know its tough but it IS appreciated.