New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Justin Fuller

July 18, 2010 02:04 PM Forum: Astro Binoculars

20x80 bino suggestion

Posted By Justin Fuller

Hi all,
I'm very interested in getting some 20x80 binos for astronomy, and want to stay under a $300 price. I live very close to a ScopeCity location, they offer Celestron, Konus and Barksa binos in my price range; the Barksa 20x80 Cosmos binos in particular are interesting me. Orion also offers very similar bino on their site, and that one is attracting me the most, mainly because they surrender more information on it such as fields of view, coating types, etc; also they look like they have a better build quality. Can anybody tell me if the Barksa or Orion 20x80s are the better buy, or are they the same exact bino offered under different brands? Thanks for reading and any help you can give.

June 25, 2011 08:50 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Bill Me Later option through Paypal

Posted By Justin Fuller

Hi everyone, I was wondering, has anybody has been able to use the "Bill me later" option when paying an astromarter through paypal? Thanks for any response

June 18, 2012 08:53 PM Forum: Comets

comet in Lyra?

Posted By Justin Fuller

Hi all,
Can anybody help me identify the object in the photo I've attached? I've crudely pointed to it. A quick scan on the Minor Planet Center and a google search of "Lyra Comet" hasn't turned anything up. Thanks for anybody that can help me smile

August 24, 2011 11:50 PM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

A Question for Those Who Observe with Smaller Tele

Posted By Justin Fuller

Just tried these clusters at 150X in a 3" reflector. Averting my eyes brought out what appeared to be the twinkle of individual stars, but I could not see them with direct sight. Thanks for pointing out these globulars before they start sinking into the dusk. smile

June 18, 2012 09:37 PM Forum: Comets

comet in Lyra?

Posted By Justin Fuller

Here is a smaller photo attached as well . . .

June 24, 2012 03:29 PM Forum: Comets

comet in Lyra?

Posted By Justin Fuller

After a bit of research I've found that comet C/2012 K5 (LINEAR) was in Lyra at the time of the photo, however it should have been about three degrees to the north near Zeta Lyra and should have been about magnitude 17.8. C/2012 K5 LINEAR is possibly undergoing an outburst, if anybody happens to be observing soon I suggest scanning in and near Lyra.