My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Jeffrey Lowe

April 10, 2018 02:43 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

New format needs work.

Posted By Jeffrey Lowe

First, let me say I appreciate the effort and enjoy Amart very much. I probably visit it more than any other site. I saw a beta of this but unfortunately didn’t have time to play with it much.

I believe Cloudy Nights tried the same switch about five years ago and it was a total disaster, so much so that they went back to their old format.  This seems to be a very similar product to what they tried.  

I agree with others that the old format was great, at least for the classifieds. The formats for the Amart discussion forums were not so good but I never used them, mostly because I look to CN for discussions.

If you have any relationship with the CN owners/moderators you should talk to them about their experience.  As this new site stands, way too much space is taken up by ads on the right or generality on the left, making the middle section way too small to be useful, even on an iPad.

Having just been through a database switchover at my Company that was not successful, I highly recommend you go back to the old format while you try to sort out the issues.  

Again, I appreciate the effort.

April 12, 2018 05:10 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

Re: NEW ASTROMART - Requires your feedback!

Posted By Jeffrey Lowe

Love the new changes today.  Just fired up my IPad and was pleased to see that the classifieds now more closely resemble the old format and span the width of the page, regardless of how I turn my iPad. 

Thanks for listening and keep ‘em coming!

April 12, 2018 05:49 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

updates

Posted By Jeffrey Lowe

Thank you!!!!!!!

Huge improvement!!!  I feel like I found my (not very) long-lost best friend!

April 26, 2018 10:48 AM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

Posted By Jeffrey Lowe

Please revert the Classifieds format to the one from two days ago.  The new format that was introduced yesterday is not space efficient nor pleasing to the eye.  The prior one was much better and more like the classic format prior to the switch to the new website. 
Thank you. 

April 26, 2018 07:02 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

Posted By Jeffrey Lowe

Thanks, Vladimir and Greg.  Yes, I was referring to the mobile version.  Most of my viewing is on my iPad. I understand the need to change it.

One thought:  keep it on two lines but shadow the first line with the essentials: For Sale, Photo, Description, Price, Time (in that order) and use the second line with contrast for ID #, Seller, Location and Seller Rating.

That way, the eye can focus more easily on the items and price. The way the software currently works, each of those items seems to be placed inconsistently depending upon which ones the viewer chooses to include.

April 27, 2018 05:26 PM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

Posted By Jeffrey Lowe

I know I’m the one that suggested the sharing concept, but I meant it so that each classified would be shaded the same way, top part (essentials) shaded, bottom part (non essentials) not.  That way all essential material was shaded the same way.  I find the current version of every other classified being shaded distracting.  I think you should go back to none at all.

May 2, 2018 01:44 AM Forum: How to make AstroMart BETTER!! My idea is.....

Need Help Click to Contact Us Popup - Please Get Rid of It :)

Posted By Jeffrey Lowe

I beg you to get rid of it or at least make it permanently deleteable.  It’s super, super annoying.