My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Michael Sandy

February 28, 2004 09:02 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

SRP anyone?

Posted By Michael Sandy

I've added a write-up for the SRP which is PWT's replacement for the SBIG desiccant plug. Here is the link if you are interested:

http://www.darksights.com/SRP.htm

Regards

Mike
http://www.darksights.com

April 7, 2004 05:28 AM Forum: Binoviewers

Anybody Home???

Posted By Michael Sandy

Not much going on around here lately.....

February 10, 2005 12:14 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Re: 4565....Mike....

Posted By Michael Sandy

Pretty good for such a short exposure. This guy really needs longer sub-exposures and stacking multiple images to pull the detail out. Not that I've been able to really accomplish it - but we'll see what happens when my skies clear!

August 27, 2005 11:01 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

North America and Pelican Wide Field Image

Posted By Michael Sandy

Its been a while since I've posted an image - anywhere. This one is still a bit of a work in process.

STL-11000 w/AstroDon Filters, Tak FSQ-106 - HaR/Ha/G/B. 3 Hours Ha data taken in 30 minutes subs, and 1 hour data for each color channel taken in 15 minute subs.

September 3, 2005 04:33 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Cocoon Widefield

Posted By Michael Sandy

This was my "first light" image with the Tak FSQ last month. As always, your comments and suggestions are requested.

September 5, 2005 10:24 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

NGC 7023 - A work in process

Posted By Michael Sandy

I started gathering data on this wonderful object last night. Here are the details:

Scope: BRC-250
Camera: STL-11000
L (80 Minutes) R (60 Minutes) G (60 Minutes) B (50 Minutes) All data taken in 10 minute subs

I lost one of my blue exposures due to a numbers of problems, but the image begins to show the promise of this object - you just don't find many blue emission nebula like this one. I've got to push my Luminous layer deeper (maybe another hour), and add a bit more color (evening out the missing blue data). There is a large surrounding dark nebula that I'd really like to bring out. So there is more work to do - but here is what I have so far.......

October 2, 2005 03:39 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M-33

Posted By Michael Sandy

I've been working on M-33 for the past few evenings - so I thought I'd post the result.

BRC-250 and STL-11000
LHa-RHaGB L= 240 min HaRGB= 60 min each

February 7, 2006 05:18 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

How did this guy slip in?

Posted By Michael Sandy

Check out this guy who was bidding on the AP900 mount:

http://www.astromart.com/users/profile.asp?user_id=61134

March 3, 2006 11:21 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M-101 - Definitely a Work in Process

Posted By Michael Sandy

Between the storms I've managed to pull together about half the data I want to collect on M-101. I've got two "first light" data sets in work that I'm going to put into the first images out of the new scope (M-81 & M-82 and M-101) Here is the initial look at M-101:

March 5, 2006 06:57 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

M-81 and M-82

Posted By Michael Sandy

I'm at a holding point on this one for tonight, so I figured I'd just post a copy and get some feedback. Please let me know what you think......