My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Mike Carman

November 30, 2014 09:03 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Hyperion Mark III Zooms

Posted By Mike Carman

Just purchased a set and have tried them out in my WO's binos. Have used them on three different nights. The first night was fairly steady. First thing I noticed was that they were indeed very parfocal. Well that was good. Next I noticed or I should say didn't notice any flaring or ghosting on the brightest stars like Hamal and Aldeberan. That to me is great. I'm holding my breath awaiting the king of the ghosts...Jupiter. I never could determine if all of my ghosting eyepieces were due to internal faults or my watery eyeballs being reflected onto the eyelens. I noticed by looking obliquely at the coating reflections that the eyelenses are slightly concave. Any way has anyone out there experienced using these eyepieces first hand. If so what are your opinions? Thanks Mike 8)

February 21, 2015 07:21 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Hyperion Mark III Zooms Winged Eyecup-Fix

Posted By Mike Carman

Here's a cheap fast fix for this annoying problem of not being able to use the winged cups that come with these zooms. First gather together the 2" adapter barrel, the small 43mm eyecup and the winged eyecup. Next you'll need either super glue or clear silicon, your choice.

March 5, 2015 04:00 PM Forum: No Holds Barred

Our Leaders

Posted By Mike Carman

Boy if this doesn't say it all! :C Mike

February 11, 2011 03:37 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

another reason I don't like international shipping

Posted By Mike Carman

Greg you'd think nothing would surprise us by now. Crap city now what?? :S Mike

February 17, 2011 01:45 PM Forum: No Holds Barred

Obama issues statement regarding solar flares

Posted By Mike Carman

You're kidding....right? They(he and the SW) actually said that? Not that global warming was caused by solar activity? Ooooh boy....we're in for a bumpy two year ride. At least it's funny and good for a laugh but the ramifications for a lot of us are dire. :S Mike

February 21, 2015 07:37 PM Forum: Binoviewers

Hyperion Mark III Zooms Winged Eyecup-Fix

Posted By Mike Carman

Lay the small standard eyecup down face up. Apply 3-4 dabs of glue near the top edge on the interior surface. Next press the winged eyecup gently into the standard cup keeping the top edges nice and evenly flush.