My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: david berman

April 17, 2002 10:25 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Flakey Buyers

Posted By david berman

Looks like I might have my second flakey buyer that won't communicate back after they agreed to purchase an item that I offered for sale on Astromart. One on Ebay also. In the past, I've had flakey sellers also, that want you to send money to P.O. boxes. When you decline to do so, and request a street address, you never hear back from them. Beware! In the past, I've been cool about not dinging these people, and just move on. From now on, however, I will start posting negative ratings on these individuals. If you don't mean what you say or agree to do, please don't consider my items. It's a real hassle to repost these items and start over. By the way, this is not the norm on Astromart. Most of the people that deal here, are of very fine character. Would like to here some feedback.

Thanks

Dave

December 18, 2002 06:59 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Another Lunar Closeup

Posted By david berman

Taken with CMN-76, Coolpix 995, Orion 25mm Plossl/2X barlow. Just learning how to use the system.

Dave

December 22, 2002 11:33 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Saturn 12/23

Posted By david berman

This is one of my first of Saturn. CMN-76, Coolpix 995.

February 2, 2003 11:27 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Collimation Problem

Posted By david berman

When collimating my MN-76, I was rotating the laser collimator in the eyepiece holder, and noticed that the light also moves in an eccentric circle, about 3/8" in diameter, on the primary. When using a cheshire collimator, it is also doing the same thing, except it is the donut hole that is moving in a circle. I would appreciate some input, if anyone knows what causes this. Thanks in advance. Dave

February 3, 2003 12:23 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Collimation Problem Follow up

Posted By david berman

When rotating both collimators, I was carefull while I was turning them, so as not to accidently wobble them. I let them loosely rest on the focuser and turned them slowly. Dave

July 12, 2003 10:51 PM Forum: Maksutovs

Intes-Micro Alter 715

Posted By david berman

I'm thinking about buying an Alter 715 from ITE. From the specs, it seems that they should be better than the 705. Does anyone own one, or has anyone, had experience with one, that could give me some feedback. I've had a couple of MN-76's, that had great optics, however looking for something more portable. Comments would be appreciated.

Dave

February 11, 2004 12:02 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Brown Pelican

Posted By david berman

Brown Pelican standing on his nose at the Bolsa Chica Wetlands. Nikon D100

February 11, 2004 12:06 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Super Sonic Brown Pelican

Posted By david berman

This guy was entering the water at about Mach .9
Nikon D100

February 11, 2004 08:16 AM Forum: Birding Optics and Photos

Mars Opposition

Posted By david berman

These guys were spotted near Solvang, CA just about the time of the Mars opposition...Hmmm

February 11, 2004 11:03 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Solar System

Moon

Posted By david berman

This was taken 12/02 with an ITE 7" Carbon Fiber MakNewtonian, Nikon Coolpix 995