My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Gian Enriquez

February 23, 2003 08:17 PM Forum: Takahashi

Hi Ortho & LE eyepieces

Posted By Gian Enriquez

Not sure if this has been discussed already, but has anyone compared the 2.8,4,5mm Hi orthos with the Tak. LE's 2.8,3.6,5mm. Contrast, brightness, etc. I would be using them on APO refractors. Also has anyone compared these to the 3,4,5, Radians?

Thank You,
Gian

May 10, 2004 02:03 AM Forum: Antique/Classic/Vintage Optical Instruments

Sears Discoverer 76mm

Posted By Gian Enriquez

Does anybody have any info on this scope. D=76mm F=1200.
Model# 6339-A, Serial# 872407. Silver Gray tube. 40mm finder. The cell is collimatable. Solid EQ mount with wood legs. Light on the eyepiece tray.When was this scope made? and does anybody have a copy of the manual? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You,
Gian

July 21, 2004 04:50 AM Forum: Lost Contacts and Personal Messages

ARCHIMEDES MARQUEZ

Posted By Gian Enriquez

Archimedes,
I have replied to your e-mails many times, but keep on getting error messages. Please e-mail again with your phone number this time so I can get in contact with you regarding our transaction.

Thanks,
Gian

July 31, 2003 04:22 AM Forum: Takahashi

Anyone Tried FS-78 On Nexstar Mount?

Posted By Gian Enriquez

Hi Steven,
I have a FS78 on a Nexstar 80 mount using the Baader bracket. The FS78 won't fit in the ST80 tube ring. I mount my FS to the Baader bracket 2 ways. I either use the Tak tube ring and bolt it directly to the clamp base ( this elimnates the Baader dove tail clamp)or I use tube rings on dove tail bar and insert it onto the dove tail clamp. I don't use 2" eyepieces when it's set up on this mount, it tends to drift down. Instead I use a 1 1/4" Everbright diagonal, and the newer 1 1/4" Naglers. I added some wood legs to help vibration. This set up is very steady. It's the only one my wife lets me keep in the house. It's a great grab & go scope to the backyard. I will have access to a 114GT mount shortly, which is beefier. I may try and to set my TV101 on this.

Gian