My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Leslie DeLong

September 5, 2014 10:44 PM Forum: After Dark

RE: Do We Live In a 3-D World... or a 2-D Hologram

Posted By Leslie DeLong

There is an amazing evolution occuring in modern psychics with implications for phenomena that were once considered mystical and mysterious. For some interesting speculations about this subject see:
The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot. Published by HarperPerennial, A Division of HarperCollins/Publishers, 1991, HarperCollins Publishers, Inc., 10 East 53rd Street, New York, NY 10022; (212) 207-7528, Fax: (212) 207-7222

The introductory page says, "The new data are of such far-reaching relevance that they could revolutionize our understanding of the human psyche, of psychotherapy and of the therapeutic proces. Some of the observations transcend in their significance the framework of psychology and psychiatry and represent a serious challenge to the curent Newtonian-Cartesian paradigm of Western science. They could change drastically our image of human nature, of culture and history, and of reality." --Attributed to Dr. Stanislav Grof on holographic phenomena in "The Adventure of Self-Discovery"

Crediting both David Bohm, a quantum physist and protege of Albert Einstein, and Karl Pribram, a Stanford University neuropsychologist, as the main architects of the idea of a holographic universe, the author (Talbot) goes on in the book's preface to say, "Put another way, there is evidence to suggest that our world and everything in it--from snowflakes to maple trees to falling stars and spinning electrons--are also only ghostly images, projections from a level of reality so beyond our own it is literally beyond both space and time." (Pg.1)

...all of this almost a quarter century ago!

April 10, 2018 08:37 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

New format needs work.

Posted By Leslie DeLong

The new format is a total disaster for me.

My Chrome browser requests a page whose size exceeds the server's capacity, and I have no idea what to do to fix the problem.

HELP!!!

April 10, 2018 08:44 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

New format needs work.

Posted By Leslie DeLong

THE "OLD" OR PREVIOUS FORMAT WORKED VERY WELL FOR MOST OF THE USERS.

ONE CAN BUT WONDER WHAT PROMPTED ASTROMART TO FIX SOMETHING THAT WASN'T BROKEN.  ADVERTISERS?

PENDING THE OUTCOME OF THIS WHOLE MATTER I'M GOING TO GET FAMILIAR WITH "CLOUDY NIGHTS." 
IT IS MORE CUMBERSOME THAN YOUR OLD FORMAT, BUT IT SEEMS TO BE STABLE.