My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Stephen DeJarnette

November 14, 2012 09:59 PM Forum: After Dark

Focus on Jupiter

Posted By Stephen DeJarnette

I tried taking a picture of Jupiter with my Nikon D5000 at Prime focus on my celestron C6-RGT. But the picture was to small to show any detail, So I dropped in a 2x Bar;ow and then couldn't get it in focus, Ive got a Crayford focuser and it seems the tube is to short for me to draw it out far enough !sad sad

November 16, 2012 06:57 PM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

Focus on Jupiter

Hello, I just bought a Nikon D5000, hooked it into my C6-RGT Refracter and took some pic,s of Jupiter. I think they call this "Prime focus" when you use your telescope as your lens. Anyway the Pic,s came out real small, No detail at all, So I put a 2x Barlow in and then I couldn't get Jupiter in focus, I'm using a Crayford focuser and the tube just won't come out far enough to get Jupiter into focus. What's up? any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Steve

November 20, 2012 03:01 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Pleidies

:C I was taking some pictures of the Pleidies, But I over exposed them on the bulb setting.I have a Nikon D5000, what would be a good exposure time using a 210mm Lens @ f4.5? Thanks, Steve

November 21, 2012 12:57 PM Forum: Celestron

East is west

The last couple times I've turned on my RG-5 goto mount and selected Jupiter, The mount goes in the opposite direction. I ck,d. Time site and every seems to be set up correctly. Any suggestions? :C :C

December 20, 2012 03:25 PM Forum: Beginning Astronomy?

7 Sisters

This is my second attempt at shooting the Plaides, I think it turned out better than my first. But I'm not sure I had it completely in focus! Any suggestions on how to get a good focus looking through your camera view finder would be greatly appreciated. I've tried picturing Jupiter, but just can't get a good focus on it. I'm using a 6" refractor and when I try to use an eyepiece adapter I just can't seem to get a good focus. This picture was taken on the 19 of Dec. about 2000 Hrs. Prime focus with Nikon D5000. Thanks Steve