Posts Made By: Joe Bergeron

September 24, 2008 01:18 AM Forum: Polls

We (the TAX payers) should......

Posted By Joe Bergeron

Good old Ron Paul. The only one of this last batch of Republican candidates able to say anything worth hearing on the economy.

March 6, 2009 03:16 PM Forum: Polls

The new administration ....

Posted By Joe Bergeron

Yet another poll devised to provoke nothing but polarization and a lot of spleen.

March 8, 2009 05:40 AM Forum: Polls

Posted By Joe Bergeron

Okay, here's one. It even retains the familiar binary, loaded, un-nuanced nature of the possible responses:

"On this web site which is devoted to astronomy and the hobby of amateur astronomy, do political polls have any proper place whatsoever, or add anything of value to the site or its mission?"

"Yes, I like to see my fellow amateurs tear into each other over issues which they probably don't really know much about and which are wholly irrelevant to astronomy."

"No, such polls resolve nothing, and only foster a needless air of division and acrimony among amateur astronomers."

I vote no. I realize this is your sandbox, but if you want to provoke arguments about politics, I think there are other, more appropriate places to do so.

March 8, 2009 05:13 PM Forum: Polls

Posted By Joe Bergeron

Is that really the best you can do? It's always such a pleasure to receive your blinkered attention, Jeffrey.

March 16, 2009 12:20 AM Forum: Polls

The UN

Posted By Joe Bergeron

It's the usual AM political poll. As polarized as possible, only extreme positions allowed, nothing in between. Good or evil, black or white.

March 17, 2009 04:53 PM Forum: Polls

The UN

Posted By Joe Bergeron

Also BO wasn't put in office by the majority of the people. Look up the numbers of popular votes.

I did. You are wrong.

Obama won 52.9% of the popular vote versus 45.7% for McCain.

March 18, 2009 02:16 AM Forum: Polls

Manned space ....

Posted By Joe Bergeron

Well said.

November 26, 2010 06:27 PM Forum: Polls

Airport security

Posted By Joe Bergeron

David Hawkins said:

The pinko commie liberals have airport security cavity searching ol' ladies with prosthetic breasts while the head bomb maker for Hamas boards with an express ticket because it just wouldn't be 'right' to pull him aside and search or question him based on his appearance.

Dear fascist, Nazi, redneck pawn of the corporate elite,

As one of those pinko commie liberals, I too find TSA's current practices absurd, offensive, and a diminution in what passes for freedom in this benighted country. A small reminder: TSA was established as a new and burgeoning Federal bureaucracy by Bush, in response to the fearful bleating of the very well terrorized American people. What's the matter, did Fox News tell you to blame all this on liberals too?