Terry Wood

Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Paul Kammueller

May 13, 2010 03:07 AM Forum: Religion

Hmm, and I though it was the Religion forum.

Posted By Paul Kammueller

As to why the forum is here, I can sum it up in one word:

Flypaper.

grin

May 17, 2010 03:27 AM Forum: Politics

Germans not pleased with bailing out Greece

Yes it's very interesting and is keeping my attention lately. The Euro seems to be coming unglued. Maybe you can't just lash this many different boats together and expect it to perform like an aircraft carrier.

May 18, 2010 03:28 AM Forum: After Dark

Amazing spacecraft.

Richard Keppler said:
Designed, built and launched on 1/3rd the budget of the "Grand Tour", these two spacecraft have been wonders. It will be sad indeed if this glitch is the harbinger to the demise of this wonderful spacecraft.
It's been 30-some-odd years. At this point, those 2 old soldiers don't owe us a thing. wink

May 22, 2010 02:46 AM Forum: Politics

The fall guy

It was an ill-conceived position. Maximum responsibility across multiple agencies with very little power to make it happen. It was a position practically designed for failure from day one. There have been, what, 4 guys in this position since it was created a few years back? It doesn't work.

May 22, 2010 01:24 PM Forum: Politics

Texas School Board Adopts Backward Changes

Rod Kaufman said:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100522/ap_on_re_us/us_texas_schools_social_studies
The development of a third world country mentality for all to see...
Our only hope at this point is that the textbook printers start printing a separate line of real history books for the rest of the country while they make the goofball textbooks for Texas. Otherwise all our kids are screwed.

May 23, 2010 03:22 AM Forum: Politics

How much clearer can it get??

I hope you don't rely on this guy as a source of any actual information. He is for entertainment purposes only.

June 18, 2010 04:01 AM Forum: Politics

California penal code 834b

Charles R Genovese, Jr MD said:

Exactly the same as Arizona! So is Obama gonna sue California too?
http://www.americanpatrol.com/REFERENCE/PENALCODE/834b-CA_PC.html
No need. This part of the code was part of Proposition 187 which was struck down in federal court back in the 90's.

June 18, 2010 04:06 AM Forum: Politics

Brits not happy with Big O

what pension fund manager thought it would be a great idea to concentrate so much of pensioners' funds into ONE company? I don't care how strong a company looks, that's just dumb.

July 1, 2010 03:35 AM Forum: Religion

Are "Tests" Really Necessary?

John Agnew said:
Even if you believe in a truly free will, an omniscient god already knows what you are going to do. What is the point of such a test?
Maybe comic relief. Like watching 'Three Stooges' movies you've already seen. Imagine how bored you would be if you just KNEW everything. grin

July 10, 2010 04:38 AM Forum: Religion

What is Salvation?

In the non-literalist tradition in which I was raised, the idea was that Jesus saved you from your own sins, not the irrelevant actions of some yutz supposedly munching an apple 6000 years ago.

When I first heard of 'original sin' years later, it sounded ludicrous and foreign to me by comparison. I had always been taught that you were responsible for your own actions, and the notion of 'original sin' runs opposite to that, with its theme of trans-generational blame for the actions of long-dead ancestors. It baffled me that it ever made sense to anyone.