New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Brian Pope

December 12, 2013 06:44 PM Forum: Digital SLR AstroPhotography

digital camera

Posted By Brian Pope

Hello,
I am a former member from around 2004. I had meade 12"lx200 I was just starting to learn with. Then work really went to.. be at work by 3:30am and things went south and sold the scope and 416XTA ccd that I never learned how to use anyway.
To the point, I just acquired a used Celestron CPC1100 f/10 of course, that I chucked onto my existing pier in my shed. My second purchase was some Dew not items. Now, I want to get a camera for some prime focus shots and piggybacking. I have been reading about the Canon Rebel 2i,3i with some lens combos. There are some deals out there with xmas sales.
Any input on these vs the 60a? I also plan on getting a guider for this stuff, will put that in another thread.
Thanks for any input.

December 12, 2013 06:56 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

guiding

Posted By Brian Pope

Afternoon,
I have a celestron 1100Cpc F/10.
Want to have autoguider. I was thinking that since I have a pro-optic 90mm musk f/5 I might be able to just purchase a good guider to use as guidescope. I do have a reducer for the scope to be at 6.3 if needed.
Somebody on this forum mentioned a QHY5L camera. I was looking at the QHY5L II Color Planetary Camera and Autoguider version at $245, that could also be planetary. Does this sound like a good setup? and then, is there something better like that orion autoguider getting all press?
In researching, I have seen mention of 3arcseconds per pixel as a general rule I believe.
Thanks for any input

December 13, 2013 01:28 AM Forum: Eyepieces

celstron 2" eyepieces

Posted By Brian Pope

my Celestron 11" sct came with a 2" lens kit. Tonight I get a look with the 40mm using the 2"mirror angle viewer. Geessh, the only pinpoint star I had was the center focus star. The rest were all various size donuts to the edge of view where it was the worst. Any input, is this called field curvature ? Is it due to the eyepieces? Tomorrow I will try 1.25 and see how that looks.
Brian

December 18, 2013 02:28 AM Forum: Celestron

hand control Nexstar issue

Posted By Brian Pope

hello,
I have a Celestron nexstar. At night the bottom scrolling screen is all gibberish text. It seems to be typing over itself as it scrolls.
First I tried to update the controller. completed no issue and now has latest firmware. Second, adjusted brightness. Third, adjusted scrolling speed.
No positive effects on problem. Any experienced members with some potential insight?
Thanks

January 14, 2014 11:24 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

battery packs

Posted By Brian Pope

Hello, I was curious if anybody has an opinion on the celestron 12v battery packs?
Is there something better ? they run $75 for the slightly more powerful.
I have dew heater straps for starters, then maybe another item.
Thanks

December 14, 2013 01:16 AM Forum: After Dark

Andromedid Outburst

Posted By Brian Pope

under clouds also

December 14, 2013 01:18 AM Forum: Comets

Comet Lovejoy 20131129

Posted By Brian Pope

Nice shot! May I ask what camera? basic details?
Thanks

December 14, 2013 01:38 AM Forum: Refractors

APO Triplet Sale

Posted By Brian Pope

It is 399.00 today, so, did it arrive and how is that focuser so many complain about?
Thanks, B

December 14, 2013 01:45 AM Forum: Astro-Physics

Comet Lovejoy

Posted By Brian Pope

nice, thanks for posting.

January 16, 2014 03:47 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

battery packs

Posted By Brian Pope

Thank you all for replying, some great things out there and appreciate the knowledge input. For starters, I am going to go with the deep marine route, and put some of those nicely crafted case setups for future possible remote use.