Posts Made By: Matthew Maness

April 7, 2002 11:38 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Meade LX-6?

Posted By Matthew Maness

I am getting this scope tommorow, i would like to know if any one has had any experiance with scope, and its pros & cons. Im getting it mainly for Astrophotography and am going to use a Olympus OM-1 camera. Just wondering.

Thanks

April 20, 2002 01:51 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Meade LX-6

Posted By Matthew Maness

I have a Meade LX-6 and i just got it. I was wondering how to make the motor drive work? It says in the manuel that when you turn the control pannel on that the motor comes on with it, and that you can hear it if you put your ear to it. I did and i hear nothing, i just wanna make sure that its on. If you could tell me anything about it i would appreciate it.

Thanks

June 12, 2002 04:55 AM Forum: Deep Sky Observing

Polar Alignement

Posted By Matthew Maness

Ok heres the story, i have a meade LX-6, and im looking to do some astrophotography. I know how to roughly polar align just fine, but the past 4 nights ive been working to get it as close to perfect as i can and i cant come close. I tried aligning with Arcturus tonigh and it kept drifting right (in the eyepiece). So someone told me if it moves eat or west that my mount needs to go up or down, so i tried both. BOTH ways the Arcturus STILL drifted the same way, and about the same distance. I cant figure this out and im getting angry. Also i just tried my meade off axis guider for the first time with my olympus om-1 only to find the eyepiece i put it doesntfocus right on any stars, when its focused in the camera its not in the eyepiece. Can ANYONE help me with these problems?

June 12, 2002 04:56 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Polar Alignment

Posted By Matthew Maness

Ok heres the story, i have a meade LX-6, and im looking to do some astrophotography. I know how to roughly polar align just fine, but the past 4 nights ive been working to get it as close to perfect as i can and i cant come close. I tried aligning with Arcturus tonigh and it kept drifting right (in the eyepiece). So someone told me if it moves eat or west that my mount needs to go up or down, so i tried both. BOTH ways the Arcturus STILL drifted the same way, and about the same distance. I cant figure this out and im getting angry. Also i just tried my meade off axis guider for the first time with my olympus om-1 only to find the eyepiece i put it doesntfocus right on any stars, when its focused in the camera its not in the eyepiece. Can ANYONE help me with these problems?

June 18, 2002 01:29 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Tonights moon

Posted By Matthew Maness

Im looking to get some pictures of the Half moon tonight, using a 8" 2000mm f/l with an Olympus OM-1 (slr) camera, using Eyepiece projection (10mm and 20mm eyepieces). I was wondering waht would be some good exposure times to use. Please reply ASAP because its already dark!

July 7, 2002 11:45 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Wide Feild astrophotography

Posted By Matthew Maness

I just got a new scope not to long ago but im no good at polar aligning, i can get a star to stay in my eyepeiece a good 10-15 mins but never stays where i leave it. I was wondering if i tried a 10-15 min exposure piggybacked with a 50mm lens would i get much trailing since the star in the eyepeice doesnt move to much?

Thanks

July 10, 2002 04:54 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Focusing Screens

Posted By Matthew Maness

I have any Olympus OM-1, and its VERY difficuly to focus with the focusing screen that i have. I was wondering what type of focusiing screen i should get. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

July 12, 2002 05:01 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Trying wide field

Posted By Matthew Maness

Tonight was my first attemp at wide field astrophotography. Used a 24mm lens and roughly guided on polaris (but i was by the scope making small adjustments). First i tried the lyra/cygnus region for 10 mins. I was under descent skies maybe around mag 4 or 5, but my neighbors had their front porch light on. Do you think these will come out? I sure hope so.

July 12, 2002 04:51 PM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Mount Moon

Posted By Matthew Maness

I took this picture on the last full moon comming up over the mountain behind my house. It was still light out so thats why its all washed out. Why did i get so much vignetting on my picture, does anyone know, and is there a way to stop vignetting?

July 15, 2002 06:28 AM Forum: Film Astrophotography - Imaging and Processing

Focusing problems

Posted By Matthew Maness

Is there any thing i can make or buy (cheap) that can help me focus my camera? I have an Olympus OM-1 camera with a lousy focusing screen and its very difficult to focus using it.