Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

Happy Halloween: Witch's Broom Nebula

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Keith Fredrickson

June 1, 2018 02:21 AM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

Portion of Hercules Cluster

Posted By Keith Fredrickson

Thank you Enrico, Rod, and Cal for the kind words!

June 30, 2018 12:21 AM Forum: Wildlife Photography

Moray Eel

Caught this guy off the coast of Bonaire. Did a night dive with a buddy from the Netherlands and the eel was following us. As soon as I put the flashlight on a squirrel fish he struck and got an easy meal.

July 5, 2018 09:43 PM Forum: CCD Imaging and Processing/Deep Sky

CED-201 or VDB-152

Very nice Floyd! Love these not often seen objects, thanks for sharing it.

July 10, 2018 05:39 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Takahashi .965 , 2.8mm and 4.0mm eyepieces

Hi Larry,

Searching the classified archives it looks like you can probably fetch somewhere between $75 and $100 for them. A collector or someone with young eyes would probably want them for planetary viewing. You could start them little higher and accept offers or put them up in auctions and see what the market brings. They look to be in nice condition.

Good luck,
Keith

July 17, 2018 01:24 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Auctions

Why doesn't the new format allow incremental bidding? The old site would increase the bid by the required amount and hold the rest in reserve. The new site posts your bid no matter what the required incremental bid is. Example, $5 is the current bid and has a minimum to bid of $6 and I bid $100, the new current bid is $100. I think this detracts from the whole auctions experience and could be why the numbers are down.

Respectfully submitted,
Keith

July 17, 2018 01:57 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Auctions

Hello Herb,

Thank you for the fast reply to my question.

Keith

August 2, 2018 05:01 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Classified real estate ad removed

Originally Posted by Thomas Smith
Yeah, they let you type the ad manually, a URL link or a image. I couldn't get the URL to work.

Well, I finally gave up on the ad text and just manually requested viewers to PM me for additional information. 
I guess I need to step into the 21 century but it seems to me that a copy and paste option wouldn't be
all that difficult to program into the new software.
Hi Thomas,

I use a Mac and by using command + C (copy) and command + V (paste) and I can copy/paste from one ad to another. It would be ctrl + C and ctrl + V on on a windows PC, I bet that works.

Keith

August 7, 2018 01:14 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Classified real estate ad removed

Originally Posted by Thomas Smith
Hi Keith,
You were spot on with the control "C" control "V" recommendation! Thanks a bunch. 

I went so far as to set up a .com site for myself and use the URL but it didn't work.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help bring a old timer into the 21th century.

Thanks again,
Tom
Tom,

Glad it worked for for you. Your very welcome, us "old timers" have to look out for each other because no-one else is going to.

I'm about 3 hours south of your observatory in Pie Town, if you're ever in the area give me a shout a I'll buy you a glass of wine.

Keith

August 17, 2018 02:59 PM Forum: Bad to the Bone Autos

She isnt perfect......

Nice rides! Started building cars instead of telescopes have we?wink

I like the matched painted bumpers on the the 48 and the fact that there's a Ford engine in it.

The 39 is a cool ride with the suicide doors and lowered. I would add flush mounted door handles in line with the trim to really make it bad a$$.smile

September 14, 2018 04:39 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Ratings not being accepted, and ratings disappearing

Hi Lyle,

I think it has something to do with deleting a classified. I answered a wanted ad a while back and they left feedback for me, I went to post feedback for them and their name wasn't in my unused ratings any longer. I looked for the ad but it had been deleted and the feedback they left for me was gone.

Keith