My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: david white

September 7, 2014 05:46 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Motorcycle question.

Posted By david white

I'm going to be in the market for a new motorcycle. The goal is a motorcycle that can comfortably do long distance touring, and is reliable. I have somewhat narrowed in down between the HD Electra Glide and Honda Gold wing.
I'm currently riding a VTX1300C which I'm happy with but it's not for long distance.
I know the ultimate question can be answered by renting the 2 and taking them for a ride, but nevertheless, I would be interested in others personal experience with either of these 2 motorcycles, or others in their class.

Currently, the pluses for the Electra Glide are the number of dealerships in case there is some major work that needs to be done beyond my scope, it includes brakes that are ABS, it is American made and is a beautiful motorcycle. The Honda lacks the number of dealerships, seems to incorporate a lot of plastic in their look, but I can't image a Honda being anything but reliable. The weird thing is every motorcycle in that class includes ABS but in the Gold Wing it costs extra, a lot extra.

So once again, does anyone have experience with these bikes or others in their class they can recommend or comments?

September 25, 2014 05:49 PM Forum: Politics

July 13, 2014 02:39 PM Forum: Politics

Lowest Annual Deficit Since '08

Posted By david white

Right on track?

A half trillion dollar deficit by September, bringing the national debt to $18 is right on track?

This, per the CBO, is the track the US is on.

http://www.cbo.gov/publication/45010

In other words, more debt, thanks to your President.

July 15, 2014 05:26 PM Forum: Politics

They are good at recycling - hard drives that is

Posted By david white

Laws do not apply to anyone in this administration. This administration is a bad joke.

August 25, 2014 11:27 PM Forum: Politics

Lois Lerner's Emails Exist, But Too Hard To Find

Posted By david white

As usual, the Obama admin is either lying or incompetent or both.

It's both.

August 27, 2014 11:31 PM Forum: Politics

What were they thinking?

Posted By david white

Jim Moscheck said:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/26/us/arizona-girl-fatal-shooting-accident/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Why in the world would a parent put their nine year old girl in a situation like this? What were they trying to teach her? Heck, when my daughter was nine years old she was playing with Barbie's and reading "The Babysitters Club" books. Burgers and Bullets was the name of the operation in Arizona where you can eat a greasy burger and then for the heck of it let your little girl use an Uzi with a fully loaded clip. What could possibly go wrong? The instructor was a military veteran but he make too many mistakes. He was on the wrong side of her and was leaning into the line of fire. Not to be harsh but it sure is a way to cleanse the gene pool. The poor kid was just doing what her parents wanted her to do and will probably suffer mentally for the rest of her life. Just senseless. :S Where else could this happen in the developed world but here in the good old USA. I hope OSHA shuts them down for good along with changing the age limit rules of any other gun range that is authorized to have automatic weapons. This one makes me mad.

There is an endless supply of stupid people in this country. That's all I have to say about that.

September 1, 2014 02:25 PM Forum: Politics

A Whopper Decline

Posted By david white

Rod Kaufman said:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2014/aug/28/bernie-s/bernie-sanders-says-tax-share-paid-corporations-ha/
It's no wonder we got a deficit...

GE.

November 9, 2014 12:31 PM Forum: Politics

Meet the Next GOP President...

Posted By david white

Certainly more qualified than the current.

November 19, 2014 03:29 PM Forum: Politics

Keystone

Posted By david white

So only certain jobs are worthwhile, is that what we are supposed derive from the link?

December 4, 2014 11:43 PM Forum: Politics

The Bold And The Beautiful

Posted By david white

Dave Snope said:

Does she speak Hungarian?

The White House struggled on Tuesday to defend Colleen Bell, President Barack Obama's choice for U.S. ambassador to Hungary.

Bell, a top Obama reelection campaign bundler and a producer of the soap opera The Bold And The Beautiful, was confirmed today without a single Republican vote in the last window of opportunity for Democrats to approve such 'patronage' appointments before the GOP takes over the Senate in January.

Touching on this today, ABC News' Jonathan Karl asked White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest, 'what are Colleen Bell's qualifications for ambassador?'
'Was it that she was a soap opera producer, is it that she gave hundreds of thousands of dollars - or helped raise hundreds of thousands of dollars - for the Obama reelection campaign? Why was she chosen?' he pondered.
Earnest hemmed and hawed before describing Bell as 'somebody who retains the confidence that, well, let me say it this way: Ambassador Bell has the president's confidence that she will do an excellent job representing the U.S. and maintaining the important relationship the U.S. has with the government and the people of Hungary.'

Not letting it go, Karl asked him 'where does the president get that confidence from?'

'I mean, in her confirmation hearing she couldn't even name a single strategic interest the U.S. had with Hungary,' he pointed out.

'We're about to vote on a totally unqualified individual to be ambassador to a nation which is very important to our national security interest,' McCain said from the Senate floor.
'Her qualifications are as a producer of the television soap opera The Bold and The Beautiful, contributed 800,000 [dollars] to Obama in the last election and bundled more than $2.1 million for President Obama's re-election effort,' he continued.

Also approved by the Senate today was Noah Mamet, who will serve as the U.S. ambassador to Argentina. Senate Democrats gave him the job by a vote of 50-43, even though the Democratic fundraiser admitted during his confirmation hearing that he'd never even been to the South American country.
Mamet raised at least half a million dollars for for Obama's reelection campaign in 2012, according to the Center for Public Integrity, and was on his national finance committee.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2858072/White-House-unable-list-qualifications-Obama-s-choice-U-S-ambassador-Hungary.html

Nothing shocks me about Obama and his administration anymore. Perhaps Madonna or Carrot Top could be Ambassador to the UK, at least they speaks the language.