New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Richard Davis

June 20, 2019 06:04 PM Forum: Politics

Hi Superman!

Posted By Richard Davis

Originally Posted by James Lacey

The reason people don't respond to this nonsense is that it's long on innuendo and short on facts. No one has the time to continually expose all of the conspiracy theory malarky you so casually reference. It would be a full-time job to address all of it, and even then, it wouldn't change a thing. You would still believe all the poppy-cock fed to you by the daily caller, fox news and who know what other right-wing whack conspiracy web site you have recently visited. This constant repetition of false talking points is impossible ever to quell because you can repeat them faster than anyone could ever refute them. The mistake you make is that this somehow signals that you won, when in fact, all the rest of us did is gave up on an impossible task.
You've never refuted anything Forrest.  

There were 4 Americans who died on that day and Hillary claimed it was because of a Youtube Video that they attacked the embassy.  

That was a lie and was proven to be a lie in the Capitol Hill hearings.  

She didn't care, and she flippantly stated "what difference does it make". 

The difference is she lied to Congress and the American people.

So, no I can back up pretty much everything I write.  If I can't you reserve the right to beat it down.  

One thing is certain.  You've never been able to do the same. 

Good luck with that.  wink 

June 22, 2019 10:49 PM Forum: Politics

Colorado Trump Voters Duke It Out Over Little League Game...

Posted By Richard Davis

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman
I got that little league brawl beat, just look at the Colorado Church fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7-tkkcC6d0
What the hell was that?  I guess I missed that movie.  Wow!  

June 23, 2019 01:31 AM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Just Checked That Other Website...

Posted By Richard Davis

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck
I agree. I go in spurts but as much as I like astronomy I'm sick of talking about it ad nauseam. Nice if you have a specific question, but lately the only forum I really watch there is Off Topic and that's not as much as I used to. Besides, in Michigan it's always cloudy anyway so I have other hobbies to take up the slack. There is a similar site dealing with musical equipment and guitars called TGP (The Gear Page) that I hang out at, but it's mostly in one forum concerning a specific boutique effect pedal company located here in Michigan. The site has the same problems as CN and the mods are quick to quash anything that wanders into certain subjects including politics. Unfortunately, the only forum on AM that has any traffic at all is the Richard Davis Political Forum and most of that traffic is by Richard.
You know something Jim, you are simply the biggest whiner I've ever known.  Good Grief.  Grow up and act like a man.  

Get over your freaking obsession with me.  You can't even post in a different forum without complaining and whining and bringing up my name. 

No wonder your wife goes out looking for strange all the time.  LOL  

June 23, 2019 07:19 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Richard Davis

What the hell was that with your neighbors?
Now, the following movie, "Bone Tomahawk" starring Kurt Russell, was praised for showing American Indians in a politically incorrect light: you might want to eat at a later time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J7xbEF8VTg
What the hell kind of movies do you watch Rod???  I don't recall hearing of this Bone Tomahawk movie.  That had to be the most disgusting thing I've ever seen on film.  I've seen some horror movies in my time, but it looks as if these filmmakers have a goal of making the audience vomit.  

The last movie I watched was earlier in the week.  It was called The Man in the Moon, and it was one of the better movies I've seen in years and it was an older one, made in 1991, set in the 1950s of Louisiana.  Directed by the guy who directed one of my other favorite movies of all time, To Kill a Mockingbird.  I think the director's name is Robert Mulligan.   

I've never seen Bone Tomahawk and after that clip, I never want to see it.  

I would recommend a few earlier Genre Movies to you Rod.  Maybe you should see To Kill a Mockingbird.  Read the book as well.  Harper Lee won the Pulitzer Prize and it was her first and only Book, aside from Go Set a Watchman, which was released in 2015, more than 60 years after she wrote it. To Kill a Mockingbird is great and so is the movie.  

Plus it has juuussssst slightly less gore than Bone Tomahawk. 

As for my neighbors, I have no idea about those clowns.  The whole incident was ridiculous.  Those fools should be ashamed for going nuts like that in front of the kids.  What a disgrace they are!  

I think the DA in Littleton or wherever that occurred is going to throw the book at a few of those idiots.  At least I hope he does.  

P.S. I looked up some scenes of that movie on the internet and I do believe I saw about the first 5 minutes of that movie at my brother's house one night, but I didn't stay.  

I'll check with him tomorrow.

P.P.S.  I just watched the trailer and it made the movie look 'interesting'.  It sure didn't indicate it was like THAT scene you posted!!  

June 23, 2019 07:34 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Richard Davis

To further your education, Rich, I'm including additional information for your edification. The native Americans depicted in "Bone Tomahawk" had various issues with inbreeding. They were the ancestors of the future stars in the movie, "Wrong Turn", seen here terrorizing young progressives who were out and about simply smoking weed in the forest:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjQYcfGzotQ
These cannibalistic descendents of the natives seen in Bone Tomahawk evolved into the Klan members seen at Trump rallies and at a Colorado baseball game and are known today as "Trump voters."
Now that movie Wrong Turn, looked just plain idiotic!   LOL!  

Do you watch a lot of these Gory movies Rod??  Man, I'd recommend you start watching some comedies or even dramas.  It might do you some good!  smile

June 23, 2019 02:46 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Posted By Richard Davis

And that is why you are the biggest ass wipe on AM. Did you ever notice that you post 95% of the posts in the politics forum. No wonder no one likes to post there anymore. Stick that LOL right up you rear end, Dick.
Hey Forrest Jr., 

You really need a hobby because nothing else seems to be working for you. Your obsession with me is at the critical point.  I'd go see someone about it. 

And here's another LOL to put in your war chest 

Now go out and Keep America Great Jim and have a great day you whining leftist fool!  tongue    

June 23, 2019 02:48 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Posted By Richard Davis

I agree. I go in spurts but as much as I like astronomy I'm sick of talking about it ad nauseam. Nice if you have a specific question, but lately the only forum I really watch there is Off Topic and that's not as much as I used to. Besides, in Michigan it's always cloudy anyway so I have other hobbies to take up the slack. There is a similar site dealing with musical equipment and guitars called TGP (The Gear Page) that I hang out at, but it's mostly in one forum concerning a specific boutique effect pedal company located here in Michigan. The site has the same problems as CN and the mods are quick to quash anything that wanders into certain subjects including politics. Unfortunately, the only forum on AM that has any traffic at all is the Richard Davis Political Forum and most of that traffic is by Richard.
Bitch, bitch, bitch....  

LOL  tongue

June 23, 2019 03:02 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Posted By Richard Davis

It's a shame we don't have active forums in the AM. I've heard everything from it's 15.00 bucks a year, coming from people who own expensive equipment and have the means to do it, to "the vendors have to pay too much". While there's some useful discussion on that other site, there's too much nonsense for my tastes...
I agree.  The vendor's fee is a pittance compared to what you get.  Holy smokes, worldwide exposure for the price of chump change. 

Even as a regular user (not a vendor) I've been able to make sales of used equipment to Italy, Australia, Canada, etc...  Where else could you have the audience that one enjoys here, for $15 lousy bucks??  

Most people probably spend close to $15 eating a fast food lunch during one of their work weeks. If that is the reason, it is a sorry one indeed. 

June 23, 2019 09:10 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Posted By Richard Davis

Well, Dickie, you just got a new nickname too. Dick fits you so well.
Did your head start to smoke on the way to catching fire, since you rubbed those 3 brain cells together to spark a synapse Forrest??   LOL  tongue

June 23, 2019 09:21 PM Forum: Off Topic Discussions

Posted By Richard Davis

How true. I was up at Mt Pinos observing a while ago and this guy sets up next to me and starts complaining to another amateur about the 15 bucks for the AM so he'll only go to the other site. This guy had a Porsche SUV, a couple of AP refractors, imaging cameras and computers, nothing low rent and he's bitching about $15 dollars.
I think Mel's likely correct as well about people lacking the testerone to use their own names but they're not going to have a problem if they do. I think the AM made a mistake in dropping the moderators for the forums but I'm sure there's pros and cons with that, too.
The only time I've been to the other site in awhile Rod is just to buy or sell some equipment here and there.  

I do remember though, that the purists on the refractor side, don't believe that there is ANY reason to own a reflector.  I recall those guys really taking offense sometimes if you tout the virtues of a CAT.  

There are definitely some opinionated elitists from what I remember over there.  

My C14 does just fine, thank you!  Even with the little bit of coma I get at the VERY OUTER edges of the FOV.  Usually I'm not looking at that area, I'm more in the center, plus I don't do AP, so I don't need a $3000 CCD.  My old failing eyes work well enough for me.  

The amazing thing is like you pointed out.  Guys with the fanciest car and the top of the line Astro gear, and they can't fathom spending $15 lousy bucks??  

shocked