Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman

LOL!!!
Is this all you've got "LOL"??  We do understand, you're dumb as a rock.  wink

May 31, 2020 01:14 AM Forum: Politics

Why the death RATE from Corona virus is likely elevated and inflated

Posted By Richard Davis

Originally Posted by Rod Kaufman
The facts:
https://www.factcheck.org/2020/04/hospital-payments-and-the-covid-19-death-count/
and:
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/apr/14/candace-owens/covid-19-skeptics-say-theres-overcount-doctors-fie/
The bogus seasonal flu comparo:
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2766121
The bogus social media hype:
https://factcheck.thedispatch.com/p/are-we-including-all-deaths-of-coronavirus
Let me destroy your 2nd link.  

Its a cakewalk because all you ever do is post Factcheck.org. or Politifact.com

We get it that you're not capable of debating aside from LOL, but here's what your link states the Politifact check website, run by Annenberg.

The physicians we reached said it’s important to track when COVID-19 triggers a pre-existing heart or lung condition. To meet the need for immediate data, New York sends the CDC summaries of COVID-19 deaths, and not the full death certificates.

People familiar with the tracking system say some victims go uncounted. They told us that the limited supply of testing, the pace of work at hospitals and deaths that take place outside any medical facility point to an underreporting of COVID-19 deaths, not an overreporting.

Notice the familiar "the physicians we reached" defense.  

IOW, we contacted others but they didn't support our analysis that the counts aren't elevated.  

I guess your Politifact was incapable of finding the NY Times article that stated 3700 EXTRA counts to the death toll from people who had NOT died of Coronavirus were added to the NY Death toll overall bringing it to 10,000 at the time?

How convenient that they could find "physicians" who agreed with their assertions that the numbers were actually LOW. 

They also claim People familiar with the tracking system say some victims go uncounted.

So then, who are the People familiar with the tracking system??  

Nevermind they didn't name one of their physician sources, they just claimed they "talked to them".

Boy, that's one helluva factchecking organization.  wink

May 31, 2020 01:23 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Richard Davis

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

Let me destroy your 2nd link.  

Its a cakewalk because all you ever do is post Factcheck.org. or Politifact.com

We get it that you're not capable of debating aside from LOL, but here's what your link states the Politifact check website, run by Annenberg.

The physicians we reached said it’s important to track when COVID-19 triggers a pre-existing heart or lung condition. To meet the need for immediate data, New York sends the CDC summaries of COVID-19 deaths, and not the full death certificates.

People familiar with the tracking system say some victims go uncounted. They told us that the limited supply of testing, the pace of work at hospitals and deaths that take place outside any medical facility point to an underreporting of COVID-19 deaths, not an overreporting.

Notice the familiar "the physicians we reached" defense.  

IOW, we contacted others but they didn't support our analysis that the counts aren't elevated.  

I guess your Politifact was incapable of finding the NY Times article that stated 3700 EXTRA counts to the death toll from people who had NOT died of Coronavirus were added to the NY Death toll overall bringing it to 10,000 at the time?

How convenient that they could find "physicians" who agreed with their assertions that the numbers were actually LOW. 

They also claim People familiar with the tracking system say some victims go uncounted.

So then, who are the People familiar with the tracking system??  

Nevermind they didn't name one of their physician sources, they just claimed they "talked to them".

Boy, that's one helluva factchecking organization.  wink
Rod Kaufman:

LOL!! 

( I took care of your dumbass response for you so you didn't have to type it out)

May 31, 2020 01:24 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Richard Davis

Originally Posted by Richard Davis

It truly amazes me how you are so inept that you don't even read the links you provide to counter the argument. 

Did you even bother to read them Forrest?

Let me just take the 1st one Hospital overpayments. 

It confirms exactly what my link stated, that hospitals are paid an enhanced amount of 20% more for a Corona virus death than would be paid for another cause.  

Here are the words from your link:

The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services has classified COVID-19 cases with existing groups for respiratory infections and inflammations. A CMS spokesperson told us exact payments vary, depending on a patient’s principal diagnosis and severity, as well as treatments and procedures. There are also geographic variations.

An analysis by the Kaiser Family Foundation looked at average Medicare payments for hospital admissions for the existing diagnosis-related groups and noted that the “average Medicare payment for respiratory infections and inflammations with major comorbidities or complications in 2017 … was $13,297. For more severe hospitalizations, we use the average Medicare payment for a respiratory system diagnosis with ventilator support for greater than 96 hours, which was $40,218.”

It is true, however, that the government will pay more to hospitals for COVID-19 cases in two senses: By paying an additional 20% on top of traditional Medicare rates for COVID-19 patients during the public health emergency, and by reimbursing hospitals for treating the uninsured patients with the disease (at that enhanced Medicare rate).

That is exactly what the article I linked Stated.

Then the factcheck link offers up a lame excuse that the reason they get paid more for a Corona death is because of the new rules that were put in place specifically to reimburse the hospital or clinic at a HIGHER rate than if they listed a different cause of death.

Who cares what the excuse is?  The fact is they are incentivized to pay MORE for a Corona virus death.  

20% more and so then if on a ventilator they don't get just $40K per death they get $48K per Coronavirus death.  
Rod Kaufman:

LOL!!  

( Once again, I took care of your dumbass response for you)

May 31, 2020 01:46 PM Forum: Politics

WHO suspends hydroxychloroquine trial

Posted By Richard Davis

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer

That is what you get for thinking when you are not used to it..... "Forest" in this case is an analogous term for idiot of the day....along the lines of "if the shoe fits........"
Thank you for clarifying that to these buffoons.  smile

May 31, 2020 04:09 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Richard Davis

Originally Posted by James Brown

Nice dodge.  I agree with you that many of the horrible things caused by or associated with with the national mitigation are very bad.  This is why it is critical to assess the number of dead and ICU patients and the economic impact of those dead and the effect on the health care system and the impact on the rest rest of the economy likely to have been caused by doing less or doing nothing.  We need to assess this impact to the best of our scientific and economic ability in order to perform the necessary cost benefit analysis.

I knew you would not answer by the way.

Jim
What didn't I answer?  I answered your question straightforwardly.  I don't play guessing games and there is NO WAY to know IF the wearing of masks and the distancing did a thing.

The answer is (since you're too obtuse to recognize the written word), "there is no way to know"  That is the answer I gave, no dodge.  

The fact that you don't like the answer I gave, and can't prove one way or the other whether or not wearing masks and social distancing stops the spread is irrelevant to me.  It must be frustrating for you that you cannot prove it either.  wink

That's my way of telling you I don't give a shit about what you think of my answer counselor.  tongue

My guess is that letting people go about their business while telling others who fit into the most vulnerable category of possible victims to isolate themselves, would have been a much better solution.  

We may have achieved a better herd immunity, had we done that and isolated the most vulnerable, such as those in nursing homes.

Had officials recommended that action, there possibly wouldn't have been the massive number of deaths IN the nursing homes that we witnessed and that unfortunately occurred.   

My guess is that had there been targeted, more specific intentions of isolation, we would be better off today. 

However unlike you, my ego isn't such that I go around patting myself on the back as you do regularly, thinking you are some sort of Svengali, and then get upset when others like myself don't fawn over your responses here.  

I couldn't give a flying f*** about you counselor, and I couldn't give a flying f*** about your massive ego and your craving to be liked by all the leftists here who don't really get it.

I'm more interested in facts than coming here on this forum and having people give me "likes" about my postings.  

I don't care if they ooh and aah over my every word as it is apparent that you enjoy and crave so badly.

LOL.

P.S. Sorry if I didn't feed your ego today and tell you how great you are, I'll leave that to the leftists here to give you your daily ego boost.

smile

May 31, 2020 04:14 PM Forum: Politics

Posted By Richard Davis

Originally Posted by James Brown

I recall Russ's post from several weeks ago.  He asked why any adult would voluntarily engage with such a rude and unreasonably nasty person.  That is a very good question.  One I'll be thinking about for sure.

Jim
Well let me add to that counselor, go F*** yourself.  How's that for nasty?  I prefer to be direct, I don't choose the snide little punk routine you engage in with your posting to make comments about me and my demeanor and personality.  

Maybe it makes me more straightforward, or just an asshole, but at least I don't hide behind a fake cowardly facade the way you do. wink  

But as I said before I couldn't give a flying s*** what you think of me.  

Now go have a nice day.  smile

June 1, 2020 08:59 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Richard Davis

Originally Posted by Greg Shaffer

A club both Rich and I belong to.....have paid my dues every year. In fact we have Rich's picture on the wall as one of the founding members. smile

LOL  

Thanks, that was good!  smile

June 1, 2020 09:04 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Richard Davis

Originally Posted by James Lacey

When all you can do is see the world through glasses that dim the humanity of others, then you are, by definition, an asshole.
Oh, so I'm dimming the humanity of others?   What's the alternative?  YOU and your nonsense?  

If fools like you and Moscheck are the alternative..... OOPS, I almost forgot the guy here who thinks that the Covid Death rate is somewhere between 18% and 24%, so let me rephrase that.

If You, Moscheck, Rod, and The ONE are the alternative, I'm happy to wear the badge of Asshole with Pride and smiling all the way.   smile

P.S.  Did you notice my smile?  

June 1, 2020 09:04 AM Forum: Politics

Posted By Richard Davis

Originally Posted by Jim Moscheck

Maybe you are an asshole?
Check my response to Lacey above.  wink