Posts Made By: Jeremiah Cole

December 13, 2014 04:10 PM Forum: Refractors

Focusers

Posted By Jeremiah Cole

First of all let me say I am fairly new to astronomy, but have been LOVING it! I am saying that because most of the threads are way over my head and I would love an answer, but please keep it basic.

My scope is a Celestron XLT 120. I have noticed the factory focuser seems to be a little sticky and it can be tough to get it to not focus through the object I am looking at. What are good replacement options?

December 26, 2014 05:11 PM Forum: Refractors

Polar alignment woes

Posted By Jeremiah Cole

I have a Celestron CGE-4 mount which I bought a polar alignment scope for. I am having a very hard time seeing the guide constellations through the alignment scope. Anyone else buy this and have issues with it?

December 31, 2014 05:15 PM Forum: Eyepieces

Bright eyepieces?

Posted By Jeremiah Cole

I have recently purchased several Nagler eyepieces due to the wide field of view and impressive reviews. However, I have seen in some reviews that they tend to be "darker" due to the amount of lens pieces. while I am definitely happy with the Naglers I have (3.5mm T6, 7mm T1, 9mm T1) My scope is a 120mm refractor so I definitely need something that also maximizes what little light does get through.

What recommendations do people have regarding the brightest eyepieces? Price is only somewhat of a consideration, if I can't afford it I'll look for it used or save up....

January 31, 2015 10:45 PM Forum: Refractors

Counterweights

Posted By Jeremiah Cole

Does anybody have a sliding counterweight system they use to balance out heavy eyepieces (or cameras)? The only thing I really see for sale is the Meade system, but it is only supposed to be for the LX200's. I like the concept, but before I buy a set and jimmy it around for my celestron 120 I want to see if there are other (or better) options.