My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Mickey Smith

October 16, 2002 01:52 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Threaded Reticles ??

Posted By Mickey Smith

Does anyone sell optical reticles that are threaded for use with you own 1.25 EPs? All I have found so far are complete eyepieces w/reticles. A nice laser etched glass crosshair would be perfect for my needs.

My Antares finder has an 1.25 EP with a cross hair that appears to be fishing line strung through four holes in the threaded collar. Since the line goes all the way through the collar it prevents the collar from threading fully into the barrel. The end result is that I cant acheive focus on a star and the reticle at the same time. Its a great finder but the cross hair is so out of focus you cant really use it.

Any ideas??

Thanks,
Mickey

February 10, 2004 04:18 AM Forum: Maksutovs

Re: TEC 6"

Posted By Mickey Smith

Harry,
Go for the 140... and let me have your spot in line for the 6 !! smile

Mickey

May 21, 2004 06:22 PM Forum: A Day in the Life of the Administrator

New Forum?

Posted By Mickey Smith

Hi Herb,
Great work on the site. I was looking to post a question about Star Charting software and couldn't figure out where to post it. Should I post it in equipment talk? Or could we create a new forum for Astro Software. It would be open to everthing from CCD, Star Charting and telescope control.

Thanks,

Mickey

August 28, 2005 02:38 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

William Optics SCT Focuser, Diag & Meade 7" MAK

Posted By Mickey Smith

Hi Group,
Does anyone have experience using the William Optics SCT Crayford Focuser and Diag on a Meade LX200 Classic 7" MAK? Will it clear the base when the tube is pointed at zenith?

Thanks!

Mickey

December 29, 2005 03:05 AM Forum: Eyepieces

Nagler of Naglers

Posted By Mickey Smith

20mm Type 2

September 3, 2004 01:38 PM Forum: Polls

My job.....

Posted By Mickey Smith

It's not that I hate work... but it sure breaks up the day.