My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Edward Fraini

February 17, 2016 04:07 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Re: Astronomy Equipment for Sale

Posted By Edward Fraini

I have done this for the widow of a friend, so let me fill you in on how it was done so you have some measure of what you should expect. There are many ways to do this, this is just one approach that worked.
1) I set with her in her garage and made a complete down to the item inventory of what there was, she made a hard copy of the list as did I.
2) I build a spread sheet of the list with columns for retail price, my suggested sale price and a comment column to support why I choose the price.
3)I took all the elements to my place and in this case as I also packed things up for shipment for her.
4) We set up a special email and account on astromart for her so all offers went directly to her. When she got a counter offer we would confer but I kept her in front of the financials. A part of the pricing was to talk with her about two strategies, price to sell quick or price a little high and wait for the right buyer. In this case she choose the latter as she was not in need of quick funds.
It did get complicated as sometimes I had a hard time keeping track of multiple offers and there was a lot of emails back and forth but in the end we had a successful experience.

Lastly a word of warning!! She did have more than one person contact her and tell her that they had met her husband at a star party and made a low ball agreement. (like a 13mm televue ethos for $150.) In each case I stepped in front and told the person that I needed a signed agreement....they faded away.

Ed

September 9, 2016 04:42 PM Forum: Equipment Talk

Re assemble of SCT mirror

Posted By Edward Fraini

I just got back my re coated C-11 mirror and it came back with the baffle separated. I guess that is what I should have expected but I didn't. There is a red rubbery material that is torn up at the base of the baffle tube, but mostly in place. I have no clue how to put this back together. Can I get by with just squeezing it all together again with the collar ring? Do I need to peel off the old rubber material and if so what would I do next.

I am sure many have gone through this so I would appreciate some input on how to proceed.

Ed

September 9, 2016 04:54 PM Forum: Reflectors

Re assemble of SCT mirror

Posted By Edward Fraini

Any advise on how to put the baffle tube and focus hardware back on my mirror after having it re-coated. Just squeeze all this back together? Is alignment critical??

Ed

January 13, 2019 10:39 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

can not delete are mark ad as sold

Posted By Edward Fraini

Add 445604 cannot be deleted, marked as sold, or edited.

Is someone at Astromart can remove the ad it would be appreciated.
Ed