Posts Made By: Leigh Goldstein

February 24, 2003 07:20 AM Forum: Binoviewers

new premium siebert binoviewer

Posted By Leigh Goldstein

I am not promoting it, but he is advertising a new product and conducting a sort of survey:

http://www.astromart.com/viewad.asp?cid=175755

-Leigh

February 27, 2003 11:11 PM Forum: Binoviewers

new Siebert preimum binoviewers

Harry-

I have some questions about the new premium binoviewer.

1)
Do you know if the Denkmeier starsweeper will work your new premium binoviewer?

2)
Your 1.25" 1.3x OCA for Televue binos will work with your new premium binoviewers, correct?

3)
Are the Denkmeier 1.25" OCA's (for Newtonians) 1.2x rather than the 1.3x of your own 1.25" OCA's, and will they also work with your new premium binoviewers?

4)
Denkmeier is talking about "100% dielectric coatings on the prism surfaces and the beamsplitter". Does this refer to anti-reflective coatings, and how do the anti-reflective coatings on your upcoming premium binoviewer compare?

(I know you have not yet decided between single coatings and multiple coatings on the prisms. You seem to feel that single coatings can produce less scatter, even though they have less transmittance.)

-Leigh

February 28, 2003 08:37 PM Forum: Astro Binoculars

galileo 15x70 collimation screws?

These are supposed to be similar to the Barska/Bear 15x70's.

The Barska/Bear version have accessible, though hidden, collimation screws (cloudy nights site).

Does anyone know if the galileo 15x70's, supposedly made in the same factory but looking slightly different, have these collimation screws?

Does anyone have a report on how well the Galileo's are collimated?

-Leigh

September 13, 2003 10:42 PM Forum: Celestron

Celestron Rich Field Adapter question

Hi-

Could you send me that PDF copy? Did you get any more info?

-Leigh