Posts Made By: Paul Wagner

February 18, 2020 12:10 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Adaptors for Flip Mirrors

Posted By Paul Wagner

Hello everyone! I need some help with my 2 flip mirrors. I just acquired a Meade 647 and Vixen flip mirror. Next, I have a Meade Series 6000 115 refractor that I would like to try and use the ‘flips’ on. Obviously, the Meade is designed for a SCT threaded back and the Vixen has female threads for various adaptors. The adaptors are my issue, especially for the Meade. I would like to keep the adaptors at 2” if possible for the connection to the scope (if I can). I just started browsing around on the web and I thought I’d go ahead and ask here. Any suggestions, comments or ‘what you have done’ would be greatly appreciated! I am a novice so forgive me in advance if there is a ‘duh’ answer to one or both. Clear skies!!

February 18, 2020 12:10 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Adaptors for Flip Mirrors

Posted By Paul Wagner

Hello everyone! I need some help with my 2 flip mirrors. I just acquired a Meade 647 and Vixen flip mirror. Next, I have a Meade Series 6000 115 refractor that I would like to try and use the ‘flips’ on. Obviously, the Meade is designed for a SCT threaded back and the Vixen has female threads for various adaptors. The adaptors are my issue, especially for the Meade. I would like to keep the adaptors at 2” if possible for the connection to the scope (if I can). I just started browsing around on the web and I thought I’d go ahead and ask here. Any suggestions, comments or ‘what you have done’ would be greatly appreciated! I am a novice so forgive me in advance if there is a ‘duh’ answer to one or both. Clear skies!!

February 18, 2020 12:13 AM Forum: Equipment Talk

Flip mirror adaptors

Posted By Paul Wagner