My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Benjamin West

May 24, 2002 11:38 AM Forum: Zeiss

Zeiss finder

Posted By Benjamin West

I have a Zeiss APQ 100/1000 with a Zeiss finder. Does anyone know if an illuminated reticle is (was) available for this finder? If not, would anyone know how I can mount my Tak 7x50 finder on this scope? I would prefer to use the existing mounting bar if possible.

October 25, 2002 02:23 PM Forum: Zeiss

Prism Diagonals for APQs

Posted By Benjamin West

I have been told by a self-described Zeiss nut and very knowledgeable Zeiss-o-phile that the Zeiss APQs require the use of a prism diagonal for the best color correction. Can anyone provide a simple optics lesson explaning why this would be so? Is the difference from a mirror diagonal noticeable? If the APQs are used without a diagonal, are they no longer apochromatic?

Ben West

January 3, 2003 10:12 PM Forum: Celestron

Celestron Serial Number

Posted By Benjamin West

Might be rehashing old ground here, but...
Does anyone know how to determine approx. date of manufature of orange-tube C8s from the serial number? I have heard asking Celestron is less than useful.

Ben

October 2, 2003 06:40 AM Forum: Zeiss

mounting the APQ 130

Posted By Benjamin West

My understanding is that the dovetail bar on the scope is integral to the internal baffling, so you might want to check on that first before replacing the bar. An alternative might be to leave the Zeiss bar in place and use if for a finder/guide scope, camera mount, etc., and use rings, if you can find some that fit.

Ben