My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Posts Made By: Dave McMullen

April 9, 2018 10:19 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

New format needs work.

Posted By Dave McMullen

I'm unhappy with the new format because I can't see the columns I need in the classified section, including especially the *price*...  No matter what I do I can't seem to get the price to appear.  The ads are taking up too much space on both sides...  Yuck.  Please go back to the old format.

Dave

April 11, 2018 02:07 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

New format needs work.

Posted By Dave McMullen

Originally Posted by AstroMart

Set them the way you like em in

MY ACCOUNT

Herb

IT DOES NOT WORK HERB!!

REALLY IT IS NOT WORKING...  I HAVE TRIED CHANGING MY SETTINGS UNDER MY ACCOUNT->GENERAL->DISPLAY PREFERENCES->CLASSIFIED.  I TRIED UNCHECKING EVERYTHING EXCEPT PHOTO ICON, TITLE & PRICE.  I CANNOT GET THE PRICES TO SHOW IN THE CLASSIFIED LISTS.  THE COLUMN SEEMS TOO NARROW TO ALLOW SHOWING ANYTHING MUCH MORE THAN THE PHOTO AND THE TITLE OF THE CLASSIFIED AD.  ALSO THE PLACES UNDER MY ACCOUNT WHERE I CHOOSE A VALUE FROM A DROP-DOWN DOESN'T EVEN LET ME SEE THE NUMBER I'M CHOOSING!  IS THERE ANY WAY TO HIDE THE ADS ON THE RIGHT SIDE PANE OR ARE WE STUCK WITH THOSE PERMANENTLY NO MATTER WHAT WE DO?  REALLY THIS IS AWFUL.  PLEASE BRING BACK THE OLD WEB SITE.  GOOD GRIEF.

DAVE

April 11, 2018 04:22 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

New format needs work.

Posted By Dave McMullen

Thanks Joe.
I'm using a Surface Pro, so maybe too small a device...

And sorry to everyone for the use of all caps in my last post.  I was quite disappointed and I wanted to make sure to make it clear the web site was not working well at all at least for some.  I will be patient and hope it gets better now.

Dave

April 11, 2018 10:14 AM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

New format needs work.

Posted By Dave McMullen

I finally was able to get the prices to display in a Classified list by hiding my Bookmarks which I normally display in a left pane in Firefox.  So it is nearly "tolerable" however there is still one very annoying defect:  When I include "Sold" items in the search, the "Sold" status no longer displays on any listed item.  I must open each item in the list to see whether it is already sold.  Is there any solution for this?  The new format still is a major step backward IMO.  Please keep working on it.  Suggestion:  When opening a list of Classified ads, hide the right-hand pane that shows the "Funding Members" and "Sponsors."    Just show them on the Home page and selected other pages.  Or at least give us the option to hide them in the Display Preferences.

Dave

May 7, 2018 11:31 PM Forum: AstroMart FAQ

Classified issue - Filter does not work to hide "Sold" items

Posted By Dave McMullen

I'm just starting a new thread to make sure this issue does not go unreported.

At the top of a Classified listing category, there is a series of filtering options, and the last option is to "Include Sold/Found Items (Y/N).  When I try to set that to "N" and click "Go," it changes back to "Y" and the Sold items always get included in the list.  Please work on this.

Dave

PS:  The following workaround seems to work for anyone else who has the same issue:  Below the quick filter options where it says "Search within listings," you can type something there (or leave it blank) and click "Go."  When the search results come back you get a larger search form at the top, and this larger search form seems to function correctly to find "Any" or only "Sold" or "Unsold."