My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Bruce Wrinkle -- RIP

Started by laservet, 05/01/2013 12:47PM
Posted 05/01/2013 12:47PM Opening Post
http://www.company7.com/c7news/bruce_wrinkle.html

He will be missed. I remember when I received my Traveler, back in the days when one could get in on the current production run, it arrived at Company 7 on a Friday. Bruce called me and I told him I would come up Saturday to pick it up, their last Saturday open before they closed from Christmas through New Years. I got off work about 1 PM, just enough time to drive the 3 - 3 1/2 hours up to Laurel before they closed at 5PM. Unfortunately, a bean sprout truck flipped on I95 spreading slippery bean sprouts all over the interstate resulting in a multi car pileup and a long delay. I called Bruce and told him I was still coming but I didn't know how long it would be so he should leave at closing time and if I were late, my problem. He told me he'd wait until I arrived. I called a couple more times to give him an update, finally arrived three hours after they closed. Not only did he stay so I could enjoy my Traveler over the holidays, he spent the time to install my new encoders in my Gibraltar and tested them to make sure everything was working. I found out later he missed his astronomy club's Christmas party to help me out.

Bruce was a nice guy, really knew his stuff. I'll miss him.
Posted 05/01/2013 04:59PM #1
Thanks Paul.
Bruce was a gentle man and a gentleman. Besides astronomy he also produced jewelry - ground and polished precious stones. He also loved to drive his Cobra, and we talked about our cars when I was there the last time. He was no speed freak, just loved the feel and power of American muscle.

Rolando
Posted 05/02/2013 09:40PM #2
I always enjoyed stopping by Company 7 if Bruce was on-duty -- we'd often spend an hour chatting, he'd show me the latest new stuff, make useful suggestions, etc. Even sell me a couple eyepieces or scopes now and then. My wife would sometimes show up there looking for holiday or birthday presents, and she'd remark how helpful and patient Bruce was. All-around good guy!