Triangulum M33

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Force a Meridian Flip??

Started by Alex McConahay, 04/11/2012 09:18AM
Posted 04/11/2012 09:18AM Opening Post
Is there a command from the hand paddle that will force a meridian flip?

I have a relatively new AP1200.

I went out to my desert observatory with the intention of correcting the orthogonality error in my telescope bracket, and had prepared myself with all the instructions and all the shims and tools I might need, and all that--I knew to center a star at the meridian/0 dec, then do a meridian flip, and see if it is still centered, etc.....So- I had it all ready, and Duh---I could not figure out how to tell it to do a meridian flip. I had assumed, like on my Gemini, it was just hidden someplace in the menu, but I could not find it. I did find some info in the manual about how to adjust the Meridian and then do a goto to the star of my choice(and this allowed me to get most of the job done)---but not how to do a flip in itself.

Alex

Alex
Posted 04/11/2012 09:50AM #1
There is no button to do a meridian flip. You can delay the meridian both in the eastern and western direction by using the Meridian Delay. This menu is accessed by pressing the bottom right hand button. If the star is witin 1 hour of the meridian in the eastern direction (scope on the west side), then you simply set the meridian delay 1 hour east. Then enter the star and press GoTo. The mount will then send the scope to the east side of the mount to pick up the star on the "wrong" side.

Rolando