My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Real reason for these snow storms!

Started by RolandC, 02/09/2013 12:47PM
Posted 02/09/2013 12:47PM | Edited 02/09/2013 12:49PM Opening Post
Hi All,

I have heard all kinds of wakky reasons for the latest mega-storm Nemo, including climate change, solar flares, groundhogs losing their edge, etc etc.

Here is the real reason: Ever since George (our intrepid customer service professional here at AP) came here from Maine, he has been busy building his dream roll-off roof observatory. And of course the minute he finishes it, we had a series of storm disasters including Sandy and now Nemo!! Pure coincidence? I think NOT! Once you begin to aim serious glass skyward, no telling what can happen. After all, ever hear of the Butterfly Effect and how it spawns tornados?

For more than 4 years, we here in the Midwest have had snowmobile-less winters. I have seen ski shops go out of business because of lack of snow. On top of that, my daughter recently sold all her snowmobiles and traded them for jetskis, and of course what happens - it snows like it's never going to stop. I have four 305F3.8 R-H tube assemblies sitting here and I cannot test them in my observatory because the snow is just piled up on the roof and against the door, plus it is snowing non-stop, and probably will until April! (see attached photo)

I tell you, it is high time for George to issue a sincere apology for this mess we are in. Somebody has to take the blame and it might as well be George - along with Howard who helped him finish the observatory ... and Robert who also lent a hand!

Rolando

enough with the white stuff.

Attached Image:

RolandC's attachment for post 57192
Posted 02/09/2013 05:48PM #1
Roland Christen said:

Hi All,

I have heard all kinds of wakky reasons for the latest mega-storm Nemo, including climate change, solar flares, groundhogs losing their edge, etc etc.

Here is the real reason: Ever since George (our intrepid customer service professional here at AP) came here from Maine, he has been busy building his dream roll-off roof observatory. And of course the minute he finishes it, we had a series of storm disasters including Sandy and now Nemo!! Pure coincidence? I think NOT! Once you begin to aim serious glass skyward, no telling what can happen. After all, ever hear of the Butterfly Effect and how it spawns tornados?

For more than 4 years, we here in the Midwest have had snowmobile-less winters. I have seen ski shops go out of business because of lack of snow. On top of that, my daughter recently sold all her snowmobiles and traded them for jetskis, and of course what happens - it snows like it's never going to stop. I have four 305F3.8 R-H tube assemblies sitting here and I cannot test them in my observatory because the snow is just piled up on the roof and against the door, plus it is snowing non-stop, and probably will until April! (see attached photo)

I tell you, it is high time for George to issue a sincere apology for this mess we are in. Somebody has to take the blame and it might as well be George - along with Howard who helped him finish the observatory ... and Robert who also lent a hand!

Rolando

enough with the white stuff.
Rolando, I know all about "serious glass" and weather, and while George et al. may be to blame, I think it more likely it be your daughter who is at fault. Reason; I like George and what he is doing. -Robert, who didn't lend a hand.

"A wise man, ... proportions his belief to the evidence."
-David Hume
Posted 02/11/2013 11:01AM | Edited 02/11/2013 11:02AM #2
Nice to hear from all you guys. Spring is right around the corner, and with that a more temperate observing time. I'm looking forward to seeing and shooting some comets.

Rolando