Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

Are these OEM back of mirror markings?

Started by gnowell, 03/22/2009 11:39PM
Posted 03/22/2009 11:39PM Opening Post
My c8 mirror just go recoated and I need to determine of the mirror is in the same orientation as it used to be. Regrettably I didn't photograph the back of the mirror before I shipped!

I'm attaching two mirrors. If these aren't OEM markings then it looks like I'm goign to have to line up the corrector and primary the hard way....

thanks
Greg N

Attached Image:

gnowell's attachment for post 46181

"Scope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no scope." --Freewheelin' Franklin
Posted 03/22/2009 11:40PM #1
Here's a shot of the lip, note the blue dribble on the left of the edge of the mirror. To me it looks more like some run off from the number on top than a deliberate orientation marker.

thanks Greg N

Attached Image:

gnowell's attachment for post 129150

"Scope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no scope." --Freewheelin' Franklin
Posted 03/23/2009 01:26PM #2
Does the serial # in blue match the number on the corrector? If so, then that is C's number.
Can't tell how the orientation should be, haven't had my 80 mirror our in a while, don't recall how it is marked on the back.
Brian
Posted 04/09/2009 12:14PM #3
I don't think there's a serial number on the mirror. The orientation of the plate is what it is; it's all epoxied up. But I can rotate the corrector to match the mirror. The only marking on the mirror is what you see in the picture. Celestron incidentally said the numbers are not the same thing as the orientation mark but the numbers are the only mark on the plate; that, and a very slight side mark. (which corresponds to the numbers that you see in the picture). thanks for your help, Greg N