Image of the day

From the
ATWB Customer Gallery

IC 5070 + NGC 7000

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Poll

2020 President - NO COMMENTS (take to Politics Forum)

Results
Previous Polls

Need Help?

Eyepieces

Started by fblue, 06/06/2003 12:13PM
Posted 06/06/2003 12:13PM Opening Post
I have just been lucky enough to find a deal on 4 Naglers!
I got 3 new ones, 31mm, 17mm, 12mm and one use 20mm Type2!
I finally figured out that the view is related to the quality of the EP. :^) So I went ahead a bought some really nice ones. Added to my Meade UWA 4.7,6.7,8.8 EPs and the 2" 11, 13, 14mm, Gary Russell SWA EPs. I finally have a good selection that covers the entire range of power.

It is very good to buy a great Telescope, but you have to compliment it with a good EP to make it really shine! :^)

Appeture is one factor, but sometimes bigger is not better. If you live in an area where the air quality or transparency is not that great. Or if you live where the light polution is high, then a smaller 8-10" scope can be an advantage over a 11-14" scope. I find that on many nights my NS8GPS gets as good a view and sometimes more detail, than the 15-16" scopes in our group! That to me is fantastic. On the really great nights with fine air and dark skies the larger scopes do show their stuff, but those nights are few and far between.

Dark skies to all and I hope you all find the right combination of scope and EPs!

Floyd

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 06/11/2003 02:10PM #1
Floyd,

Are you making your comparisons at the same magnifications?

Pete