Jupiter (clearer) Nov 5th 2023 w/Mewlon 180c

My Account

New to Astromart?

Register an account...

Need Help?

BO 101 F5.5???

Started by jonisaacs, 02/11/2005 06:55PM
Posted 02/11/2005 06:55PM Opening Post
Rumour has it that BO is promoting a new short focal length 101 F5.5 scope with some sort of ED glass.

I just wish they would take care of their old promises (102mmF6)first.

I still have my 102F6, waiting for that new "semi-APO" objective.

On the other hand, I have a Celestron First scope 80mm F11 that would benefit from a 2 inch focuser. Maybe now is the time to say "enough is enough" and do a bit of machining to fit the BO focuser to the First Scope. I figure with my 42mm SuperView I would be getting 2.6 degree FOV at 22X. Tentative tests have shown the FOV to be pretty flat and well corrected.

Oh well, I guess its just disappointing to hear of some new scope from BO when somewhere down inside I still had thoughts that they were actually going to come across with the promised goods.

jon :C
Posted 02/11/2005 07:42PM #1
I would like to just see the SWA eyepieces actually be "In Stock" as he has stated personally and on his site. As of this date the 26mm and 38mm are not in stock I am told here. Yet, I was told over a week ago by Burgess that all the SWA were in stock and I can just call and order them, then he immediately left town. wink

[SIZE="Large"][/SIZE][COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR] Floyd Blue grin
Amateur Imager
Posted 02/11/2005 07:42PM #2
I thought TMB was still working on this?... It is odd though.

I think maybe people would be content just to get a higher quality lense in their scope...If I were Bill I would just Order them pre-made from a different supplier. Just take the loss and forget about it... as long as they are not finished they will be a thorn in his flesh as well his customers..

Jon.. Did he ever ship out those fine focusers that were to go with them??

Mark Visser
Posted 02/17/2005 07:32AM #3
I see that Astronomics is taking Pre-Orders. Picture looks nice with William Optics tube, rings, diagonal. 799. Certainly looks like it has potential. Claimed 8x color correction of an achromat.

"--Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be ... limited to our own galaxy."